The Puzzle replacement

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I lost 4 days and just shy of $300.00 on a eye doctor this week end:eek:
Wed afternoon I was working on those dam bumper tail lights grinding the holes to fit the lense's better and WHAM! I got it in my left eye!
Long story short WEAR THOSE SAFTY GLASS'S!!!!!!!
I am blind in my right eye to start with and to get 3 good sized metal shards in the left isn't good. This morning is the 1st time I could open it for any time at all and still can't really focus very well. Not real sure how this will all turn out but PLEASE! SAFTY FIRST! wear those DAM glass's

Last edited:
Ouch! That is a bad day/week for sure. Hope you recover quickly!!!

I've found that safety glasses, at least for me, make things worse, especially with the cooling fan on the 4" angle grinder blowing things into and around the glasses (I had an eye infection from grinding grit getting in my eye). I now, for the most part only use a full face shield, My suggestion is that everyone has one in their garage.

eff3b275-ae24-49f8-b011-7c4476f80296_300.jpg

Eye is all better and I finally spent some time in the shop. I got the front end togeather a little more, spings in and put the stock steering arms back on.
The 2" dropped arms don't work with the rack, waste of $225.00 oh well. So now I need to cut the rack shaft and retap it to the right threads and find the adjustment colors that will work. On the hunt for a deal on u-joints to get the column in next.

Attachments

• front end 004.jpg
    front end 004.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 38
  • front end 005.jpg
    front end 005.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 34
  • front end 006.jpg
    front end 006.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 34
Hmmm, whats the chance you can find shorter inner tie rods that will fit that rack?
I think I did this on the datsun I built, but I can't remember how hard it was to re-thread the inner tie rod end...

Hmmm, whats the chance you can find shorter inner tie rods that will fit that rack?
I think I did this on the datsun I built, but I can't remember how hard it was to re-thread the inner tie rod end...

Thought about that but I still need it to be sae thread and not metric to match the rod end so I might as well just run a die over what I have.
I am just so happy that it looks like it could work when all said and done.

Thought about that but I still need it to be sae thread and not metric to match the rod end so I might as well just run a die over what I have.
I am just so happy that it looks like it could work when all said and done.

I was just mentioning it because it may not be soft enough to tap...

I wouldn't be scared of those heim joints. There are plenty of rather large aircraft flying around with them being the only thing keeping you from becoming a lawn dart. That said, they will definately not be as tolerable of poor maintenance practices and dirt/grit/salt as a grease packed tie rod end or ball type joint...

OK! got it back on all 4 feet, I put another inch block in the rear and you have seen what I did on the front. It looks like it will all work out, pwr rack/pwr disc brakes and lowered. I think when everthing is togeather it might settle down another inch or so and I will have to add atleast an inch more to the rear. Gona leave it be for now though I think it looks good and is driveable.

Attachments

• Lowered 001.jpg
    Lowered 001.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Lowered 006.jpg
    Lowered 006.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 45
  • Lowered 007.jpg
    Lowered 007.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Lowered 008.jpg
    Lowered 008.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 42
Waiting for the u-joints for the steering so I yanked the motor and its time to get rid of the swiss cheese on the fire wall. And with the motor out I can put the finishing touchs on the steering rack amd clean up the motor mounts.

Attachments

• smooth 001.jpg
    smooth 001.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 31
  • smooth 003.jpg
    smooth 003.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 29
  • smooth 004.jpg
    smooth 004.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 29
  • smooth 005.jpg
    smooth 005.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 30
  • smooth 006.jpg
    smooth 006.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 26
The fire wall is in rough primer but it is now SMOOOOOTH:rolleyes:
Also getting the over kill Bling machine ready to go.

Attachments

• fire wall 004.jpg
    fire wall 004.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 22
  • fire wall 002.jpg
    fire wall 002.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 23
  • fire wall 007.jpg
    fire wall 007.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Back