The Roofus Special

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It also looks like I can install a sway bar!

I think this is the one that came off of the jag donor car...but not 100%

It snakes around everything perfectly!

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

Oh yeah, I picked up a used single chamber flowmaster muffler that I may use on Roofus. I was sticking it where my dad's hand is in the pic below. I would probably modify the "out" side to have two of the 2" pipes that go through the frame and then merge before they enter the cone shaped tailpipe. For the "In" side, I plan on merging the pipes before they get to the muffler.

IMG_2651.jpg

I've never put a muffler that close to the engine before, not sure what it will do to the sound/flow.

Found a pic of a neat car with a low exhaust.
picture.php

I mocked up the side pipe again, but it doesn't seem nearly as cool.
IMG_0113-1.jpg

Well, I don't know what you're comparing it too, but I think it'll look good once you get the paint on - right now, it just kinda blends in with the panels and the table.

I'm planning on heading to Dad's afer Christmas and working on the car a little more.

I had been planning on seperate seat backs kinda like bomber seats, but I was having a hard time figuring out what to do with the bulkhead/firewall behind the seats.

I think I may go with a single seatback kinda like this.

71388_4_original.jpg

...or maybe molded in bucket seats
JimmyCosta1921.jpg

Yep, that photochop looks great! I'm thinking the molded in seats might feel a little more secure, but also more cramped.

So do y'all like the track nose?

I like the shape, but I'm kinda disapointed that it will hide the front crossmember.

Next weekend, I plan on going back to dad's house again. I may set this beast off of the table and do a mock-up at ground level.

Last edited:
I like it. Reminds me of the 30's era auto union or something along those lines.

I like the nose!! Don't know about were the exhaust is though!
Might be worth the mock up, may change how it all looks!!
So far looks great!!

Me and my daughter went to dad's for the weekend. We had a great time visiting but I didn't get nearly as much done as if I would have gone alone.

I started out trying to make frames for bucket seat backs.
IMG_0214.jpg

I was shooting for the same feel as the bench seat in my truck

IMG_0219-1.jpg

IMG_0220-1.jpg

It didn't work all that well. It didn't feel great and took up interior room.

Plan B One seat back.

Not wanting to mess up anything good for a mock-up...I grabbed a very rusty VW hood that was destined for the crusher.
IMG_0218-2.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0221-1.jpg

IMG_0222-1.jpg

view behind the seat. I need to figure out how the seat back will attach and how it will be supported
IMG_0225-2.jpg

My daughter trying it out. The VW hood was amazingly comfortable. The shape was much simpler than my truck seat.
IMG_0226-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back