The Roofus Special

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those on the board that can draw...

Anybody want to take a stab at what this thing will look like when done?

Feel free to take any artistic liberty you want...tweak what you think needs tweaking.

This picture makes me want to lower Roofus even more and fill in the door cut-outs :)

_DSC6739.jpg

I had actually got to thinking about your build over the weekend thinking I hadn't seen anything in a long time. Thanks for the update, it's looking great. It totally looks like a '59 Jag to me.

flipper, good to see the progress on you build. I have been following your build with great interest.
I saw this at a recent goodguys show and thought about the Roofus. Keep up the great work.

Attachments

• 12ggspokane2-20.jpg
    12ggspokane2-20.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 40
So what do you guys think the ride height SHOULD be? Right now, it's like sitting in a go kart.

Should I raise it a couple of inches? or embrace the indy roadster vibe?

IMG_2603.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2588.jpg

Yep, the roads around here are pretty hard to drive on, unless you have over 3.5 clearance.
5 is still pretty low, and looks good, but is high enough to be reasonable.

I would shoot for 5" min. My oil pan and A arms in my daily are 3.75" and they hit everything! haven't cracked the pan yet but it has some nasty gouges in it! I have knocked both shocks off the rubber eye bushings as well. [S

As for the wind screen I would say a pair of Brooklyns would do it just right. or a Flipper version of a Brooklyn. [P

Brain fart.

I can't raise it too much without changing the rear frame. The rear frame goes under the axle. Raising it more than 3 or so inches is going to require a serious re-design.... or some taller wheels and tires.

I think I need to shoot for here fully assembled. The first ground trial, the rear settled two inches.

HPIM0879.jpg

HPIM0875.jpg

Latest posts

Back