Things that bug me.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

We had some fun with the "Things I remember" thread and you guys brought back a lot of fond memories for the rest of us. How about a different one now, things that bug/annoy me.

Here are a few of mine:

Those ninja bike riders who think the roads are theirs to fly around on with no regard for the safety of the rest of us. :mad:

People who drive slow in the fast lane and refuse to move over. :mad:

People who talk on their cell phones while in restaurants, in line, and every other place as if they are all alone and not subjecting the rest of us to their conversations. :mad:

People who park those huge pickups, like F350 Fords, sideways in two parking spots in the front of businesses, instead of parking them in the back so no one else is inconvenienced. :mad:

Red light runners. :mad::mad:

Ok, what bugs you???

Don

having to be politically correct.
other drivers
waiting in a line of traffic for half an hour while someone works on a perfectly good road when there are ones that need it that arent being addressed.
people who stare at disabled children
people who cant handle a mature argument without running to someone to have it removed (not like we call each other names, just disagree on here is all)

this oughta be a fun thread.

i agree, the "politcally correct" thing has gotten way out of hand...

i despise ems/first responders groups standing around and blocking the entire road while they "wait" for a tow truck...show a lil respect for others and let us by!

i don't like internet bullies--how hard is it to be nice around others, & why does one feel 10 ft tall and bullet proof just b/c he "thinks" he reads a "tone" into a conversation that is in print!?!

i despise people who claim to be "christian" and yet live like the devil...(too personal i know, but i gotta vent occasionally) i'm not one to promote a "holier than thou" attitude, but there are just some things godly people ought not do...

i really get my feathers ruffled by "know it alls"--no matter what the subject, there are some who cannot be wrong no matter how not right they are!!! give yourself a little credit, sure, but don't argue with henry ford about the model T --ya know i mean...

more to come later... if ya let me...

NUMBER ONE - seeing Social Security Funds go to people that haven't ever put anything into the system
being called a racist just because I'm white and conservative
waiting 2 hours to see the doctor for 3 minutes
seeing the word ethanol on the gas pumps
ordering a steak and baked tater and they serve them cold
downsizing of "ALL" grocery items - - especially the size of a slice of bread

(mowing Johnson Grass that you know can't be cut, only beaten down LOL)

Kids that drive a $50 car with a $5000 stereo....Thumpa. thumpa, thumpa

Kid hotrodders that have to act like some sort of rebel to be cool....they just look like dicks

Kids that show a foot of underwear.......

Kids with smart mouths.......

Basically, kids bug me....lol.....not really, just some of them...Im probably just jealous cus Im old

Oh yeah, I forgot that my number one pet peeve are those stereos with the bass cranked up all the way and you have to sit next to them in traffic. :mad:

Also, people who don't use turn signals, especially when you are waiting to pull out in traffic and they ultimately turn right next to you and you could have gone. :mad:

Don

passive aggressive people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liars and thieves!

oh sorry was thinking about works again!

people who have no game plan,!but talk you like your stupid!

dang work again! maybe i should try again later!:mad:

People who drive slow in the fast lane and refuse to move over. :mad:

What bugs me? How much time ya got???????

I'm not sure there is enough space on the server for my list but slow pokes in the fast lane is one of my main peeves... After I pass these morons holding traffic up (it's a State Law ~ slower cars stay right) I give them the move over thumb! Sometimes it even works!!!

BoB

Going to a swap meet, find something you want and....

No prices,.....I really don't want to enter into a long winded conversation, just put a price on it, and I can decide if your off your meds or not...

the guy isn't there at all, why did they even attend??...

the guy that is there doesn't know how much, because the guy that should be there didn't say before he wandered off to check out everybody else's stuff...

or just plain be ignored while the vendor and some long lost buddy are tripping down memory lane, and frankly you couldn't care less.

There were at least four items that didn't get sold at this mornings swap meet, well at least not sold to me.:rolleyes:

Bugged

People who tell me how I should do things when I didn't even ask!

Politicians!

The Mainstream Media!

People tell you they'll be there and don't show up...OR CALL!!!

Poor service!

Surly, young servers, cashiers, etc....!

...push 2 for another language!

People who say "huh?" to EVERYTHING you say!

People that drive cars the color of a wet road and wont turn on their headlights in inclement weather.
People that dont have sense enough to know you can turn right on red.
People that have to come to a complete stop in the middle of the road to make a right hand turn.
People that wait to get to the counter to make a decision.
People with loud and or unruly children in public.
People that get in the express line with a half a buggy full of stuff.
And my number one complaint is
People that dont have sense enough or courtesy to get out of the left lane.

You've hit another one that REALLY bugs me.........people who think their kids are so cute they can behave anyway they want and it is ok. :mad:

Clerks and other employees who have no people skills. You see them every day, you walk up to them and get a blank stare, no "can I help you" just a blank stare. :mad:

Some rich people. They feel because they have some money they are better than the rest of us and we are there to wipe their feet on.:mad:

And the politically correct thing bugs the h*** out of me. The ACLU has made it so our kids can't pray in school, we can't display Christmas scenes, and certain words are now forbidden. I just heard that the term "mankind" has been replaced with "humankind". (That sound is me gagging:p)

I also hate young people who when you hold the door for them at a store put their heads down and walk past without saying "Thank you." Sometimes I say "You're welcome" anyway. :D

Don

Well, you guys have nailed a bunch of mine but here's a couple more. Don, the same big stinking diesel pickup parked right in front of the restaurant but left running so the stink and noise come in the door.

Those (mostly women) who won't pull ahead in the bank drive up until they have balanced their checkbook, put everything away and touched up their makeup in the mirror.

People who are always late. Please don't swing your fat nasty rear in my face if the movie has already started.

4 way stops, old people listen up, it isn't that hard to know when it's your turn and don't set there and wave someone on who came after you. It's nice to be polite but it just screws up the whole concept.

laws set up to protect stupid people from themselves while making my life more difficult or expensive

people who think that a cold air intake and loud exhaust makes their car high performance

politicians making laws that exempt themselves

non-citizen females with 4 or 5 Gooberment Kids that are allowed to run all over the grocery store - - - opening candy, cookies and etc but not paying for them

seeing that same ?lady? pay for a prime rib roast with a Gooberment Credit Card

one more
people that post a question on a automotive forum and then argue with the answers they receive (sad thing is that is getting more and more common these days)

ok wretched rachet, you've brought up one of my all time biggest gripes...

people in this country-who are citizens-who won't work a "real job" because they are actually afraid they'll lose "benefits" from uncle sam--i mean people who are actually able but will not work...

this causes a void in the workforce that is now being filled with illegal aliens...these folks don't pay in any social security or taxes, and then couple that with the lazy welfare recipients who don't pay in but, draw out of the system and we as taxpayers literally lose twice!

now before anyone gets mad at me over this, i already said i dislike politically correct, and i in no way meant to claim all who get govt. assistance are lazy-some truly need the help..

and as others have already stated i despise the fact that simple common courtesy has died...people who work in a public environment need to be taught to look people in the eye, be respectful, and SPEAK UP SO YOU CAN BE HEARD

Preach, hopefully everyone will keep an open and unbias mind here and just let the members vent. What we are talking about is an easy fix but the Gooberment will never fix it because they lose votes.

The fix is Plain and simple: Make "Everyone" live by the same rules that the working taxpaying citizen has to live by - - problem solved.

End of Hi-Jack
WR

Latest posts

Back