Thoughts on 3 Wheelers

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the early 80's a local U-Haul would rent you a three wheeler for 24 hours so you could kill yourself on someone else's machine. We would ride some property that is on the back side of Stone Mountain and had a blast.

That just sounds like a bad business move on there part!!! I can only imagine how that thing was abused! I know how I would ride it!

There are two 350x Three wheelers for sale here locally. Would love to buy one but this is the wrong time of year for that. I once got a XR200 on trade that had a atc 200 motor, it was an automatic 5 speed with pull start lol. But it was still a fun ride minus the clutch not being there.

It was called the Consent Decree and almost killed 4 wheelers too. Mostly because we as Americans are just poor vicitims and are no longer required to think or have judgement.

Didn't know it almost killed four wheelers too. I wonder if four wheelers would have came first if 3 wheelers would still have been outlawed..??? [S Or if they would have ever even existed [S? A lot of people that ride four wheelers now want 3 wheelers and aren't as scared of them because they understand the handling characteristics of them better making them a little more cautious......

be careful....a fork (or spoon)can put you eye out too if used improper!
ride it like you stole it,and have fun...

be careful....a fork (or spoon)can put your eye out too if used improper!
ride it like you stole it,and have fun...

Didn't know it almost killed four wheelers too. I wonder if four wheelers would have came first if 3 wheelers would still have been outlawed..??? [S Or if they would have ever even existed [S? A lot of people that ride four wheelers now want 3 wheelers and aren't as scared of them because they understand the handling characteristics of them better making them a little more cautious......

It did kill the little kids size. The only one available for years was the Suzuki LT80 and it was designated for kids 14 or older although it was too small for any kid that age. I was working at a Suzuki dealership and if someone came in with a kid younger than 14 or even mentioned it was for a younger kid, we had to refuse to sell it to them. And they would send out spies to try and trap us, just like they send out under aged people to try and buy booze. By 1990, the little quad came with a throttle restrictor and an exhaust restrictor that actually had to be removed so the thing could even go up a slight incline. The restrictors were easy to remove but we weren't supposed to instruct buyers how to do it.
It was also when quads started having warning labels plastered all over them about no riders under 16 , no passengers, don't ride on paved roads ect. If a quad got traded in, we had to put those stickers back on it before it went on the show room. We couldn't even have a 3 wheeler on the premises unless it was in the service department with a work order for repair for a customer.

Wow.... I never knew all of that. Of course in 1990 I was five......... None the less, for right now the trike is just hanging out. I am not sure what I am going to do with it yet. Had it out in the snow the other day. That was fun....

HUH???!!!

Wow.... I never knew all of that. Of course in 1990 I was five......... None the less, for right now the trike is just hanging out. I am not sure what I am going to do with it yet. Had it out in the snow the other day. That was fun....

5??? Good Lord....I was..... Holy Crap...I was only 39!!! Now I'm feeling mighty OLD! :(

You and my son Corey are nearly the same age....

He was born June 85....he's the trucker with the Kenworth.....but that's OK....young or old...we both dig wheeled vehicles and live in the same great state..LOL :D

Latest posts

Back