TiredIronGRB's '39 Ford Tudor Sedan (Standard)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was away for a bit and missed the whole project up to this point. Super cool car. I can't believe you sold my Cadillac to someone else......I'm crushed.

Man, another great build from your shop. This one looks like it is ready to put the hurt on anyone in the next lane.:D

A request: Think about starting a thread in the engines section about what parts you prefer and how you build a blown small block.

A request: Think about starting a thread in the engines section about what parts you prefer and how you build a blown small block.

There's just too many varibles, do you want a mild "show" engine or a 700hp thrasher. I perfer a solid but mild 350 for a daily driver blower motor...forged dished pistons, moderate cam with matched valve springs.

The engine is this build is a little over the top, it's running about 11:1 compression so I have it underdriven to only have about 4-5lbs of boost.

I've been getting all the small detail work done on the body so I can start the paint work. Got all the brake lines made up.

39_Ford_172.jpg

39_Ford_177.jpg

Circuit breaker panel and studs to hold wiring harness.

39_Ford_173.jpg

This is my scratch built harness, mostly recycled wire and heat swrink from 80s model Volvos.

39_Ford_175.jpg

39_Ford_176.jpg

I'm going to really get busy on this thing, I hope to drive it by the end of the month.

After about 50 hours of sanding and wire-brushing I got all the paint of the body. After lifting the body back off I can finish up the welding and paint underneath.

39_Ford_178.jpg

39_Ford_179.jpg

I plan to pull the engine and trans back out and completely re-paint the frame then start plumbing the brake and fuel lines.

39_Ford_180.jpg

39_Ford_181.jpg

Really looking forward to getting some black on this thing.

39_Ford_182.jpg

Latest posts

Back