TiredIronGRB's '39 Ford Tudor Sedan (Standard)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I've been sick the last few days so I haven't got as much done as I would like but I think I'm still on track to have it drivable by the end of the month.

If you watched the shop feed today you saw me fire it up for the first time, it did good. Here's a clip, not very eventful but pretty cool. The sound is a little funky as the camera has auto-peaking.

Here's some pictures of the dash, my windshield regulator had a broke shaft so I welded an old 1/4" drive socket to it and made a knob out of an old skull I had laying around.

39_Ford_215.jpg

39_Ford_217.jpg

39_Ford_218.jpg

39_Ford_219.jpg

Got it all black and street legal, still need to put the side windows in and a few other little things but at least I'm on the road again. The fenders and running boards are still a little shiney as they've just been painted 24 hrs.

39_Ford_226.jpg

39_Ford_221.jpg

Fuel cell and battery box, the opening where the vent line is has a cover that will go over it.

39_Ford_227.jpg

Flowmasters with 2 1/2" exhaust all the way to the rear pan.

39_Ford_228.jpg

Thanks guys, the body has no finish work done...just black paint over the bare steel, no filler. If I keep it till winter I may slick it up some but for now I'm just going to drive it.

I'm really wanting to get something like Gastrick's '32 three window next.

32foru004smallnz3.jpg

That came out superb TiredIron. I hope the sedan I'm about to build turns out half as cool as that.

That photo you posted of my coupay made me realizeze that I've made a bunch of changes since then although several of them are not real noticeable. The engine is the main difference. I had also changed the hood, grille, added door handles, swinging windshield, firewall, and added hood straps and Buick front drums.

If I keep the '39 over the winter I'll probably slick up the body (Hot Rod Flats black or maybe gold)and do the interior, right now she's not that pretty but man she's Fast.

Whew! I went through this one yesterday. I know this has been said before but I CANNOT believe the speed with which this one was put together. This from a guy who's been working for years on my '50 Ford half.

TiredIron, I missed the info on your frame, did you build it from scratch, or what are the origins of that?

EDIT - also, where did you find the 4-spoke wheel?

So much talent on this board... :)

Latest posts

Back