Titles

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FordV8

Is there a way to get a new title for a vehicle if it doesnt have one and how much does it cost and is easy to get one? If you get a historic license do you have to have a title? Thanks

you can get a title but you are going to have to go to your local wrecker yard and "sell" the vehicle to them. they will in turn "sell" it back to you and you will be able to take that paperwork to the DMV for the title. although you are going to want to find out exactly what is needed depending on where you live since it does differ a little from state to state.

Dont know where your from and rules are different in different places.here in Ontario,Canada, I bought a title for my Model A from a guy that has thousands of them for all kinds of vehicles, cost $300, a lot of them are from the US,so it costs money to change them to Canada ,so thats why he charges that amount. All you do is get an appraisal and make up a bill of sale , get the title guy to sign the bill of sale and ownership,or you do it,and take it to get transferred to you.you need a title or ownership with historic plates,they are just a lot cheaper then regular ones here,$18 vs $74 per year.

Is there an actual bill of sale paper or can you just write on a piece of paper that the seller is transfering ownership to you then sign it?

Is there a way to get a new title for a vehicle if it doesnt have one and how much does it cost and is easy to get one? If you get a historic license do you have to have a title? Thanks

You need to give a little more info for an accurate answer (i.e. state where you live and make and model of vehicle), almost every state is different and sometimes it even varies county to county.

The realistic way to get a clean title is to have the vehicle inspected by your local highway patrol. Buying a title is against the law and around here, wrecking yards won't touch a car without a title.

Latest posts

Back