Tornatos hit Alabama

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzz

Livin' the rat roddin' lifestyle
Worried about our members from Al. Tiny1, Rev Tex Deville and others ..hope the are all ok and will check in here to let us know..pray for everyone affected by these terrible storms.

In one day: red=twister blue=highwinds yellow=hail
how-much-will-it-cost.jpg

Why you need a hole in the ground!
a-home-has-disappeared-in-preston-miss.jpg

Seriously, it's not that hard to dig a small shelter.

God help 'em.

This is really terrible weather.....

Ditto..... hope all are ok in AL and everywhere these have hit..... We've had extremely high winds and rain here in MI the past few days.... blew a part of my roof off the addition..... easily fixed but these people are losing everything..... Lord watch over them all........:(

Alabama

I live 25 miles west of birmingham,Al.My family had to tornadoes split us between 20 miles.My family was so blessed by the grace of GOD didn't even lose a tree but 5 miles down the road were multiple fatalities and communities destroyed.Please pray for families in Alabama because lives and families were changed forever.

i and my family made it, we don't have power but we are ok. as of right now we have lost 204 and some still missing. i hope all the others check in. the daugthers house is a loss had a tree split it in two, it went through the middle and she was to the side. will check back as i can as i am using my phone.

I live 25 miles west of birmingham,Al.My family had to tornadoes split us between 20 miles.My family was so blessed by the grace of GOD didn't even lose a tree but 5 miles down the road were multiple fatalities and communities destroyed.Please pray for families in Alabama because lives and families were changed forever.

i and my family made it, we don't have power but we are ok. as of right now we have lost 204 and some still missing. i hope all the others check in. the daugthers house is a loss had a tree split it in two, it went through the middle and she was to the side. will check back as i can as i am using my phone.

Glad you and your families made it though.. both of you must not be far from my Uncle and grandmother.. they are in Empire AL, we finally got a hold of them a few hours ago and thankfully they are all ok.. damage to the house and my uncles favorite old truck that hes had as long as I can remember apparently got crushed by a tree.. but some of my uncles friends and neighbors weren't so fortunate...

watched a bunch of videos on youtube,some scary stuff.Always wondered why nobody seems to have basements down there,water table issues?I'd for sure have at least a concrete bunker.We've had a few around us in the last 5 years but they are pretty rare up in this country but do occasionally threaten in july/augwhen we get our evening thunderstorms after a hot day.I hope all turns out ok for everyone,stay safe friends.

alabama

Thanks for the prayers everyone.CORPO, I seriously live like 3 or 4 mins from Empire and my Mom and Dad live in Empire.Glad there ok.Small world!!!

all is fine down here in mobile. It is unreal what is happen to the north of us.
I sure Hope all the guys are OK . Your all in our prayers for sure.
Has anyone heard from Gregster? He lives up north AL

all is fine down here in mobile. It is unreal what is happen to the north of us.
I sure Hope all the guys are OK . Your all in our prayers for sure.
Has anyone heard from Gregster? He lives up north AL

Gregster is ok we pm each other last night...

Glad to hear you guys are okay. What a mess. I was raised in Oklahoma, and have seen my share of twisters, and damage, but what I am seeing on the news..... wow.
My thoughts are with all the people who have damage, or loss.

Most of the old home places where I live in the country used to have what we called storm cellars. It was not uncommon to see a shelter dug into a hill side of mound near the home. It is something most have gotten away from and a good substitute was not utilized. I would guess 25% of the local residents have basements. The others have slab, crawl spaces, or mobile homes with no shelter available. The old people went to the trouble to dig and equip the storm cellars being realistic about what might happen. I guess we are too busy enjoying the good life and think it will never happen to us. I have a basement, but am just as negligent. I am proud of the wiseness of my grandfathers and their time.

They can happen anywhere.
It seems to me tornadoes hit where we don't think they ever have... much more often then they come back to the same place... even within the lanes of high probability.

God bless those people and their families and a prayer that the rebuilding work goes out to honest folks and may lighting strike any con men coming in to take advantage.

Latest posts

Back