Turkey run

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishmik54

Any body going to the turkey run in Daytona, I'm driving up from Mims on Thursday and was looking for people to run up with.

turkey run

Are you guys parking as a group? If so can I park with you guys so I don't get stuck next to some 50K fiberglass faker?

Hey irishmik, ease up on the fiberglass faker talk:D. I guess I'm one of those guys people like to hate[ddev. I'm copying from the Turkey Run post on the main forum here........

Okay, we are about ready to roll here. I know we'll see Don and his sons, but if you other fellas see the below pictured cars, make sure to introduce. We'll be parked together near the east end of the infield close to the farm implement displays. Me, my Dad, my brother, and my son are making the trek in these. If my Dad isn't feeling well enough to drive himself, we'll leave my Mercury home and my son will drive him. I'll have a camera and will post some photos after the run.

I'll be driving my fake plastic generic kit car as usual

My son is scheduled to drive my Mercury. It may have spotlights and/or Cadi sombrero caps by the time we leave.

My Dad is taking his Mercury

And my brother is driving his Corvette

I'll be there again this year. We decided not to cook on Thanksgiving day so we are heading down in Francis my old GMC work truck. Then I will drive down again on Saturday in the 1922 Dodge.

I will be taking the pictures again for the Turkey Run Website.

http://www.turkeyrun.com/photo_gallery.html

Mvc-503f.jpg

Scott (AKA: Cadman)

It's just a nose art decal Don. I put it on there to decide if I wanted to have something permanant painted. In still haven't made up my mind.

Cadman...I'll try to find you at the Turkey Run.

Gastrick please except my apology for the coment. I have been treated rather badly and basicly told to park somewhere else by the fiberglass people up north. My little truck is something special to me .I put a lot of time and blood into something that fit my pocket book and it sucks being shuned. I know better than to lump every one together instead of looking at people as individules. Thanks for reminding me that people are people and not all are alike or have the same opinions.

Oh I was only joking irishmik. We (my family in the cars I pictured) all park together. You are surely welcome to park with us if you want to slum.

Are you into internationals? I'm driving a 1930 international 9 ton flat bed which is now a pick up.

Yeah, I'm a big IHC fan...always have been. My truck will not be ready for another couple of months so I'm only spectating. I'll keep an eye out for all you guys.

irishmik54, looking forward to seeing your truck.

-Troy

turkey run

Thanks for the offer I'll look for you it will be a pleasure to meet you and spend a little time getting to know you and your family.

Gastrick do you know about when you will be up to Tittusville, I would like to follow you guys up if thats ok. I;ve never been up there and it might make the ride a little easier.

Gastrick do you know about when you will be up to Tittusville, I would like to follow you guys up if thats ok. I;ve never been up there and it might make the ride a little easier.

I'm not sure what time we are leaving yet. We take I-95 the whole way and I think we go through that area around 4 hours into our trip. The departure time changes from year to year and we haven't got together on it yet. I'll try to post the time when we figure it out later tonight. It would be good to join up. If we don't happen to get together on the way up, stop by the Ramada Inn across the street from the East end of the track and meet up with us and Don and his sons. We'll all be there hanging out most likely.

Latest posts

Back