Uh oh! Old car police got me!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with WB, although I am a fan of personal rights, your rights also end where someone else's start. Have to remember not everyone is a fan or appreciates rat rods, or other projects.

I have a feeling that if things were parked which were not pleasant to your eye in front of your house things would get ugly pretty fast. I think we as rat rodders have a responsibility to not do things to give ratrodders or rodders in general a bad name, as it gives the politicians and associations something to write more silly laws about that affect more of us.

Respect for one another is something I feel is important, and really starting to fade away in this country, so we can either change that trend, or let it continue to the point where there is no respect for one another, not a world I want to live in...

I am a very territorial person but also respect other people's property to an extreme. I would never crawl a fence to look at an old car without the owners permission. I never infringe on any bounderys which means anything that I don't lease/own or have espressed permission to use.
I guess the on street parking is a sore spot for me because I have to thread my way through neighborhoods where it is abused and you can't meet a car unless one of you pulls over because of the crap parked on the street. One of the worst is a city cop and her husband. They parked a fairly big boat on the street and it never moved all summer. It is right on a corner and you have to go over the centerline blind to get around it. This street is also a business loop.

I've only one neighbor and he's a real #$%^&. School teacher that thinks he's better than everybody else. He cuts about ten feet of my side yard, thinking it's his because of the fence line across the street. (they put the fence back on their land on purpose to give their neighbor some room.) I even put a white stake at our property line so he would know. It didn't make any difference. He's still cutting my grass and trimming my bushes. I'm going to shake him up this winter when I cut all the bushes down and plant some trees. I can't wait.
Last year, one of my mama cats had a litter under his house and he let his dog get all but one kitten. The dog had the kitten cornered in the corner of the fence under a wooden brace. When I went over and ask him to let me get the cat, he got really upset and acted "put out" because he had to call his dog off. "School teacher" my a$$. I started to call the school board and let them know what kind of teacher they have.
So, I make it a point, now, to make sure I wait until he has BBQ pit going and is outside, before I start my 429. I can tell it really gets on his nerves. I imagine he's tried turning me in for my Ghia but, the way the city ordinance reads, I'm perfectly legal. :D

Some of you posted "be respectful" like Im doing something wrong. My truck looks better than some of the other cars parked out there. I dont consider it a rat rod. Its just an old truck. I know I run the risk of it getting hit and Im not parking out there to annoy anybody. Its a legaly registered and insured truck and its legal for us to park street side. I had a 1995 GMC that was in much worse shape than this 70 and nobody ever said anything about it being parked out there. To be honest it may not even be a neighbor. It couldve been the mail man, a cop driving by, anybody from the city departments...... Who knows.

Latest posts

Back