update on truck project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bada

Well we finally got all the bugs worked out of the ZO6 motor. And the new hood just came in. I still need to finish fitting it and then paint. But all in all I think it turned OK.

Attachments

• truck pictures 036.jpg
    truck pictures 036.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 121
  • truck pictures 001.jpg
    truck pictures 001.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 95
Nice truck. My personal opinion, and id take it with a grain of salt, that hood doesnt go with that body style. I wouldnt put a cowl induction on an open side front, but like i said its just my opinion and it doesnt mean much. Also not trying to start a fight or hurt any feelings, im just not feeling the hood. But the rest of the truck is awesome as crap.

i would have to agree *disclaimer* i like the rest of the truck it looks very nice!!!! but it just doesnt "flow" with the rest of the truck but other than that very nice truck it is beautiful

drss

I have to run the hood, because of the way I had to do the air filter. It turns back toward the firewall. However it is a functional cowl. I have it blocked off from the engine, so it draws cold air at the windschield.

cowl induction

one bad a$$ looking truck, with the exception of the cowl induction. doesn't do much for me. I would have left the air filter sticking out.

BUT it's your truck and if you like it then that is all that matters. I will tell you that no matter what ever one else thinks, you got one nice looking truck,....

Like the rest here, I have to admit that the hood really does take away from the lines of an otherwise killer truck. It seriously interrupts the natural flow of things. Running without a hood would look better than that. On the positive side, we're all free to run em the way we want so if if you like it - That's all that matters.

Thunder1

I had no choice, But to do the hood this way. I tried to do several different air intake systems. And none of them would work. The computer went crazy with all the 4" piping an MAF setups we tried. So I had to reuse the stock ZO6 air box & MAF. It was so big I could not turn it down in the front. So we turned it up reworked some of the plumbing. And it worked out great, the computer liked it, no codes. At that point we decided to make it a real functional hood. And this is what worked.

Very Nice !!!

Cool looking truck, hood gives it a prostock look. :cool:
It is different, and yours, so enjoy the heck out of it. '22

Latest posts

Back