Wed. Night on the River

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GrubersAug010.jpg

Here's a time machine. Built in the 70's. Never changed and driven all the time.

GrubersAug016.jpg

'30 Model A Coupe with the rear cut off and on a Model AA truck chassis. Very low mileage and in great shape.

Bob, the mystery car is a reall stumper (for me) this time. I'll take a guess based on the chassis......Delahaye? Oh, and thanks for the great photos.

HotStillwaterNIght014.jpg

The mystery car is simply too tough. Built at the start of World War 1, it is even older than me. This car is one of only two still in existence and the only one that is driveable. It has been all over Europe, and made visits to Australia and New Zealand. The Peterson Museum has displayed it.
I thought it was worth posting because of the fantastic bodywork and the fact that it is so visible in bare, polished aluminum.
The French auto company that built it is still in business and popular in Europe. Not many of this brand are imported to the USA.

1914 Peugeot. I needed someone to guess it cuz I didn't know how to spell it. It's pretty sporty for 1914. If I see it again I want to find out how it got to Minnesota. Nice to see that is gets driven. Probably worth a few Francs, er, Euros.
StillH20007.jpg

I never figured out what this one was. Kit?

Man that was a tough one Bob. You were brutal on us this time. I reckon that was to make up for the easy one last time. It's great that you can see such a RARE car at a local cruise. At least I got the French part right[S

StillwaterMotors002.jpg

Ok, so it isnt Wednesday night on the river. It's Saturday afternoon at the Chevy dealership down the road a piece from my place. Here's my favorite. It is the anti-rat rod but oh so nice! Warmed over flattie in it.

A little slow on the RRR tonight so I decided to throw some pics up.

StillwaterMotors004.jpg

This guy was't perfect like the previous truck. I wouldn't kick it out of my driveway though. It could use a wheel change.

StillwaterMotors013.jpg

Here's a 29 Ford truck that is pro-built with some rat tendancies. It had aftermarket 97 look-a-like carbs that didn't look very much like 97's. A very nice truck with lots of well done details however.

StillwaterMotors005.jpg

Not a very hard, "Guess the car" this time. The year and model might be a bit of a challenge. The owner told me an interesting tidbit about the model. See if you can figure it out.

Most of the cars were restored muscle machines and detailed street rods. Nice but I ain't showing them.

Great pics as usual Bob! I haven't been able to attend very many shows this summer and it sure has been nice to "ride along" with you :D

I think Ronny has it on the Dart Phoenix ;) Did it have the round auxiliary tail lights that the dealers installed or just the wrap arounds ?

StillwaterMotors004.jpg

This guy was't perfect like the previous truck. I wouldn't kick it out of my driveway though. It could use a wheel change.

WHAAAAT!!! Both sides of that 57 Ford more door in the background and no pics??? Just kidding, nice pics!!

Like the 59 El Cabong in the background too!!!

Latest posts

Back