Wed. Night on the River

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
StillwaterMotors009.jpg

Yep, It's a '61 Dodge. But not a Phoenix. The odd element is, it is a full size Dart which Ronny nailed.

Sorry I didn't get any shots of the El Camino or the '57 Ford. Both were very nice.

I thought the chopped Chevy truck, above, looked good.

MoreWed002.jpg

Room for surf boards on top and some bikini-clad sweeties 50 years younger than me inside. Dream on....

Another Wed. night on the St. Croix river. Perfect weather but it is cooling off faster in the early evening. A bad sign for us northerners.

MoreWed008.jpg

A comfortable custom Buick looks mighty good after bouncing around in a nasty little hot rod.

Last edited:
MoreWed003.jpg

One of my Wed. lunch buddies, Jeff (Titus). The nickname of Titus is because he looks like the commedian by that name.

Wow, nice Yugo! I actually had one of those a couple years ago! Ran pretty good, then one day I parked it, and went to drive it the next day and it had no gears, and it was a 4 speed. You don't see too many of those around now.

You know why they had rear window defrosters on the Yugos?

To keep your hands warm while pushing it home!!!!

so true, so true!

Thjanks for keeping the thread going with photos Bob W. Very nice.....and is that a real paddle boat in the background of the Yugo photo?

Corvettes002.jpg

I stopped in at a Corvette show in the neighborhood today. As I was walking in (no 'Vette in my stable) the smell of detailer spray almost knocked me over. I did like the gennie 6 cylinder in a '54 'Vette.

Yes, a paddlewheeler on the St. Croix in the Yugo shot. There are about 4 or 5 of them that operate out of Stillwater. The bigger ones hold a couple hundred people for dinner/cruises up and down the river.

Stillwater is one of the oldest towns in Minnesota and was a major lumber town. Huge white pine forests in the area were logged to help build America.

Saturday! Saturday! Drag Racing!!!

SSFR2011026.jpg

Every year the Minnesota Street Rod Assn. rents Brainerd International Raceway for a weekend. All us members get to drag race for free. There's lots of pretty street rods and many muscle cars. A number of front engine dragsters and altereds are there too. Here's pics of some of the cars that are more like our style.

Back