Wed. Night on the River

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheLastWed004.jpg

This 1910 T needs a few rat rod touches.
The son of the owner is a major league pitcher in the AL West. A local boy. Can you guess who he is?

Annual Picnic at Jen & Titus' Place

Titus11006.jpg

Today was the annual picnic put on by Jen & Titus. Jen is a first class custom interior maven and Titus (real name is Jeff, he looks like Titus the comedian) is really into traditional hot rods, for a young guy. He buys, sells and builds hot rods. Some of his have gone to Europe. Today there was usually around 75 people and 4 dozen cars at any one time.

Titus11001.jpg

This truck was built in the 60's and never changed. Titus is repairing the brakes and other items in need. Flattie powered. Rusty chrome wheels. Perfect.

Titus11019.jpg

Titus' buddy Eric is from Minnesota but currently works in a rod shop in California. The two of them recently bought this roadster out of St. Louis. It has run over 180mph at Bonneville with a big block Ford in it. Titus is gonna build an engine and they are going to run it on the salt.

There was a big pot chili and lots of great desserts. But the best part was visiting with all the characters that were at the party.

A Nursing Home Car Show

RCCCShow006.jpg

My 94 year old mother is in a county nursing home. Today they had a car show along with an old time band and refreshments. My friend Ron and I were among the 20 or so cars on display. The weather was great and the residents enjoyed looking at the cars and recalling the cars of their youth. That's Ron's red '36 coupe next to my grey roadster.

RCCCShow011.jpg

I added this to an old thread because the pics aren't so much about the cars but more about a group of car people taking the time to give some enjoyment to these nursing home residents.

Latest posts

Back