What a disgusting auction

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only way I would buy one is if it was one of my family members. A little closure you know?

No. I don't know. Paying someone for my dead family members property? How 'bout I catch a flight to Vietnam, break the guys face, and then TAKE the damn thing.

I'm sorry, but this is a very sore subject for me. I lost friends in Iraq and was medically seperated for injuries that I sustained. This is just like ****ing in my face. :mad:

No. I don't know. Paying someone for my dead family members property? How 'bout I catch a flight to Vietnam, break the guys face, and then TAKE the damn thing.

I'm sorry, but this is a very sore subject for me. I lost friends in Iraq and was medically seperated for injuries that I sustained. This is just like ****ing in my face. :mad:

[cl[cl[cl[cl[P

Sounds like a plan to me![cl

Just to clarify, I was not directing the above outburst at the rev, but merely at the whole situation.

They look as real as mine do. Then again, not to them and if you wanted duplicate them it isn't hard. They used to make sets at the county fair, like $7 for two tags, chain, and the silencers. I got a pair when I was thirteen and wore them all the way through till I got real ones issued to me.

Another thought, what is it , like 65% of vietnam vets are still alive? Seems like a pretty good chance for identity theft seeing as you have their name and SS#. A little work with google and you can probably come up with an address.

i was told on another site that when we pulled out from there we left some dog tag machines and i hope that is what this is. they said that one name was used 40 times and another name about as many. if this is not the case then yes i'm ****ed and my time was later as to young to go there.

I think it's higher than 65%

They look as real as mine do. Then again, not to them and if you wanted duplicate them it isn't hard. They used to make sets at the county fair, like $7 for two tags, chain, and the silencers. I got a pair when I was thirteen and wore them all the way through till I got real ones issued to me.

Another thought, what is it , like 65% of vietnam vets are still alive? Seems like a pretty good chance for identity theft seeing as you have their name and SS#. A little work with google and you can probably come up with an address.

Mine are sitting in my case.....along with other rememberance of my military duty....too many wars and too many lost....shouldn't make money off that type of thing....glad it was pulled....things like this bring up way too many emotions...good and bad...:( I'm glad to see that younger guys still respect and honor the ones that served and the ones gave the ultimate sacrifice....:)

I believe the seller said he dug them all up. not from robbing graves. Doesn't matter, it's just a very tender spot for any of us who remember it. My draft number was one and I would have been in the very next batch to go when Nixon ended the draft. Many friends went. I have a couple friends here who are very sad indeed, they let that miserable war become their identity for the rest of their lives. I have other friends who seem to have shaken it off and moved on with normal lives, rarely mention the war and wear no reminders.

I enlisted just prior to the first lottery picks...

Wanted to do my part but have some say in the matter....lol Like that really helped...:eek:

Latest posts

Back