What does your garadge look like

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any shelter from the elements is a good one....

Best I can do for a garage right now is my "Horrible Fright" :eek: portable garage. Still beats working outside!

Like a lot of us.... we have worked in the rain, sleet, snow and mud.....without any shelter at all... well maybe a tree.... beats getting wet....keep on keepin on....

I wish I had a garage!! My '51 is over in my sisters garage (been there for a while now) and I catch hell about it all the time.....

Lets See..
Working garage 30x52 and storage garage 30x40. Still not enough room.

Maybe it`s me..

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 88
Yeah, the collection grows every time I do another project. Can`t bring myself to sell until I want something different.

As far as too clean, that`s not possible. I can`t work in clutter.

And yes it gets worked in other than painting. I have access to a paint booth at work and I paint small stuff and frames outside when necessary. Good use of a shopvac and cleanup each night makes it stay managable.

It also helps when your wife is into old trucks and can operate a DA sander and isn`t afraid of a grinder or plasma cutter.

Attachments

• Dar_with_her_truck[1][1].jpg
    Dar_with_her_truck[1][1].jpg
    142 KB · Views: 57
My Son Don spent a few nights and got our shop cleaned up a little, at least his area. I still need to work on mine. :eek: We've also had to rent two 10 x 20 storage areas to handle the overflow to give us some room to work. Here are a couple of pictures.

Don

shop.jpg

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

Tall ceilings kick ass other than being harder to heat.
I have 12' ceiling in the work garage and used infrareds but they were tough to work under so switched to overhead Reznor forced air furnaces. Much better.

Thats a nice workspace, Don.
Clean and arranged does make a difference, doesn`t it?
But you never have enough room...

Here's my pole barn, 30 x 36. I built it singlehandedly since I have no sons or dauthers to help out. Really would be nice to an extra pair of hands now and then, but I've learned to improvise. Needs paint. I've never been very organized but I know where everything is. .:D

Attachments

• my garage 002 (Small).jpg
    my garage 002 (Small).jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 95
  • my garage 004 (Small).jpg
    my garage 004 (Small).jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 94
  • my garage 003 (Small).jpg
    my garage 003 (Small).jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 96
  • my garage 001 (Small).jpg
    my garage 001 (Small).jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 92
interesting trusses/ stick framing, but i like it. you can get a lot of storage in those rafters

My little world. It's small but I love this garage.The VW trike in the last pic on the right is one I'm repairing for a lady and once it's done that side of my garage will be turned into a paint booth. I will finish the Sporty in the pics and hopefully get started on my rod.

Attachments

• The Shop 001.jpg
    The Shop 001.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 70
  • The Shop 002.jpg
    The Shop 002.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 62
  • The Shop 003.jpg
    The Shop 003.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 59
  • The Shop 004.jpg
    The Shop 004.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 60
my dad has built 50+ racecars out of a 3m x 5m garage, amazing. He has just stepped up to a 6m x 6m...... One sides got the rod, others got brothers racecar. Heapsa room.....my sheds 4m x 7m ith half bay off to one side. Currently full of beach buggy, my classic bike and some dirtbikes.

Latest posts

Back