What I've been working on

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My chest hurts just lookin at it....

My new ink

1_downsize.jpg

Just ain't my bag... they couldn't talk me into tat's in the army and or now.... nope....no way..... no thanks.... but, looks good on you....[cl

Getting it tore down for paint and final welding
PART951303171406870.jpg

PART951303167999273.jpg

Coils mounted

The swingarm is 9 over stock so when you mount the shock flatter it makes the shock harder to compress giving the shock more leverage over the longer swingarm and my fat ass siting on it

The swingarm is 9 over stock so when you mount the shock flatter it makes the shock harder to compress giving the shock more leverage over the longer swingarm and my fat ass siting on it

Sorry, but it simply doesn't work like that. The more laid flat the shock, the easier it is to compress. Strongest would be with it at 90 degrees to the swingarm.

But, as the swingarm moves up the leverage changes gradually too, so laid just slightly forward of vertical would be best for your bike. Like just about every conventional twin shock bike ever made.

Try it and see what happens, it may well work great with those heavy shockers. :D

I love them CB motors, and the skinny rubber, and that oil tank. Not too sure if they all work well together, but I have a feeling it will be a good looking radical bike when it is all together. Wouldn't it be a boring world if we all built bikes to conventional design.

ETA: ****, I just scrolled all the way down and it IS together in the last pics. Cool![cl:D

Well here it is guys the pics I sent to englishman and the horse don't know how the whole feature idea will go but atleast I finally got you guys some good hi def pics, my girl friend shot these for me and the stash pouch goes above the headlight but I want there so...it sucks being out here so far away from everything anyways pics pics pics
130.jpg

131.jpg

132.jpg

133.jpg

134.jpg

135.jpg

136.jpg

137.jpg

My favorite pic
148.jpg

j2.jpg

j3.jpg

j4.jpg

j5.jpg

Even if the feature don't turn out I can't wait to get back home and rip on this thing got the next build in the works with a front end I have been doing a little r and r on..and a power train I haven't seen done before either let me know what you guys think.thanks for the encouragement and support

bighroder .... i wish I could get into bikes but

considering I'm no expert....looks great to me.... nice pics....tell your girl she takes nice shots... especially like the down low looking up one... cool build man....[cl

Latest posts

Back