What kinda music do ya listen?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiki

So guys and gals...what do you listen?

I listen to hardcore, 80s hardcore/punk...do a vocals in time to time with my friends band...

Starting to get into rockabilly lately...love the Stray Cats, Buddy Holly...anyone have some good rockabilly bands to recommend?

Anything and everything except Rap, which, in my opinion is not music, resitation at best, maybe. I like music recorded 100 years ago and music recorded last Tuesday. Bach to Vanzant, Bob Marly to Bob Dylan, my favorite decade of music is the last 200 years.

The bigger question is what I don't listen to. There are a few exceptions, but I won't rule anything out. I have my 14 year old interested in Old rock, so the trade off is I have to listen to some of his music.

I listen to anything "HARD"....

Bonehead, I just don't picture you listening to the same sortta music as me and some of the other guys...:D..... But you have surprised me before...

Here is a test to see if you like some of the newer music, see if you can listen to a song called "Remember the name", it is by Fort minor...
I think you will like it.

I know what you mean Flat. I wear a big cowboy hat all summer, and I have horses. But that doesn't mean I only listen to Gene Autry all day. I was raised on country, but I like and listen to Blues, and Rock. Old Rock and Roll, is fun sometimes, and if I am in the mood, screeming Hard Rock is okay too, I suffer through some rap, but turn most of it off. It comes from years and years of having the radio playing in the shop. The first thing in the morning, you turn on the lights, and the tunes. I get tired of listening to one type of music for any length of time. There is musical genuis in every type of music.

But really, I think of what I might miss if I don't open my mind.

depends on the mood i'm in mostly but i love xm',s 50's 60's 70's ,the bone yard,have been hering some new rockabilly and would love to be able to hear more[if any one has some suggestions and knows how i can get to hear more from the net ,'i guess is the only way i will get to hear more rockabilly '.
'drive buy truckers' are cool!
I guess my faverate is 70's rock and heavymetal though!
I dont knock people for what they listen to but i dont like being forced to listen to country or rap in a resterant?:rolleyes:

That just goes to prove what a diverse bunch this is here.

When I listen to country music, I love the sounds of ole "Waylon Jennings".
Not real keen on rap music, but do like music that has a flare to it.
When I need something to get my blood pumping, "Bodies" from Drowning Pool.(I don't believe too many of y'all will like that one)
Also love the new Kidd Rock song "Soo Hott"...:D...

I listen too just about everything.

As for some good rockbilly bands,

Smut Peddlers,Horrorpops,Three bad Jacks,Cumberland Runners.

Most of the time my radio in the shop is on old country and sometimes old rock n roll.. Don't really care for too much of the new stuff .

depends on the mood i'm in mostly but i love xm',s 50's 60's 70's ,the bone yard,have been hering some new rockabilly and would love to be able to hear more[if any one has some suggestions and knows how i can get to hear more from the net ,'i guess is the only way i will get to hear more rockabilly '.
'drive buy truckers' are cool!
I guess my faverate is 70's rock and heavymetal though!
I dont knock people for what they listen to but i dont like being forced to listen to country or rap in a resterant?:rolleyes:

Here's a link to Rockabilly Radio on the net: http://www.rockabillyradio.net/ They play all the great newer style rockabilly with a bit of the old thrown in. You might also want to take a look at: www.live365.com . There's tons of great stations of all kinds. Just do a search. There are also some great stations around the world if you have a winamp player and aol music radio. One station I used to listen to a lot was in Budapest! Unreal. Those guys played all the stuff you never hear in the U.S.
Look around and try some out. It's great. Mike

I've been listening to and collecting rockabilly on vinyl since the late 60's. I've stopped collecting vinyl and now look for new stuff on the web and internet radio. There are quite a few really great bands playing modern rockabilly and some of it is fantastic. One example is Darrel Higham and The Enforcers. Their stuff just stays in my truck and I burned copies for one of my jukeboxes too. They really caught the rockabilly feel. I also dig Arsen Roulette, The Rhythmatics, Rockbottom James and The Detonators, Reverend Horton Heat and a ton more. I still look for the old rockabilly too. And even a bit of surf music occasionally. Now I'm more interested in having the tune than chasing old records so I love MP3's. If it's slow, I ain't interested.:D Gotta' rock. Mike

26 is dead on it> three Bad Jacks are a great band. There is one of their songs on my page if anyone wants to hear 'em.

Latest posts

Back