whattadrag

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustywrench

as i write this from room 104, memorial hospital, york pa, i'm thinking it coulda been alot worse, but still a drag. all last week my left elbow was hurting like h$ll. i knew i hadn't hurt it, but it kept getting worse. i finally drove myself here saturday morning at 1AM. well it turns out i'd had a heart attack.....who knew? tomorrow i find out what surgery will be needed. hopefully just a couple stents. but maybe bypass surgery will be needed. but as i said before, it coulda been alot worse.........pete.

Pete, you are a lucky guy. Too many people endup standing at the pearly gates, thinking " What happened?" At least you are a safer place now. Take care bud.

Pete, Sorry to hear about your situation. Others are right, lots of people don't get a warning, or don't react to a warning. I've had numerous coronary procedures including bypass surgery on two occasions. The last was 7 years ago. For the last 3 years I've played hockey on a 21 and over team (and I'm more than 3 times older than that). I'm mentioning this to let you know that there is great medical help out there and a normal life can be had afterward. Ya just have to watch what you eat and do a little exercise.
Keep a positive attitude and you will be fine.

thanks guys. its still early tuesday and i still dont know exactly whats going on. you know how hospitals are. i feel like a mushroom, i'm in the dark and being fed a bunch of s##t. last night they woke me up every hour to take blood or blood pressure or poke me in some way. i know i'm a very lucky man to get another chance, i too no longer have friends because they didn't get a second chance. between heart attacks and cancer ive lost 4 buds in the last year or so. getting old does have its drawbacks....you lose your friends on a pretty regular basis. i just thank god i'm here typing this instead of someone else typing (hey you guys remember pete) pete.

Glad you got to the hospital and they figured it out pretty quick. I was lucky to have been out with some friends when I had my heat attack...had I been home alone, I probably wouldn't have been smart enough to call for help (I still kept telling my friends I was ok and tried to down play the pain I was in). Fortunately, one of my friends knew the number for 911 and figured the hell with what I said. That's going on four years now. I got two stents out of the deal, and have been fine since.

You were smart enough to get your self to the hospital, and when they finish up you'll be doing just fine too. Glad you were smarter then me! Get well soon, because if I remember from some of your previous posts, you have a couple projects that still need your attention....no getting out of working on the rats because of something like this :D (Seriously, you will be taking it easy for a while, but things will get back to normal soon enough)

hope everything goes well for you. sounds like it has so far get well man!!

Wow Pete, so sorry to hear that. But the good thing is you were smart enough to get to the hospital and hopefully catch it in time.

I know exactly how you are feeling right now, I went through the same thing 20 years ago, I was only 43 at the time. Started having some "indigestion" pains in my chest and was looking for a waitress to get a gingerale to relieve it. Luckily, my then wife was an RN and she asked what was up. When I told her she forced me to go to the ER, I too was having a heart attack. They did angioplasty and I have been perfect for the past 20 years...........the same will happen for you.

Let me give you some advice. My Wife made me quit my job and sit on my butt for 6 months to give my heart a chance to heal. I was ready to go back to work the next Monday but she wouldn't let me. She probably saved my life. She also put me on a healthy diet and made me exercise, and when I would go in for followup stress tests I was in better shape than I had been before the attack.

I also started feeling like my life was over, I would reach to pickup something and my Sons would jump in and do it for me, it was like I was an invalid. That will pass too and you will start to regain your confidence. (Every time I would get a little pain in my chest it would scare me to death, and it was always a muscle ache or something not heart related, but it still scared me)

A year from now it will be like it never happened, you just got a good warning that you need to change some things in your lifestyle. And every year that passes you will get even better and have a stronger appreciation for life.

Please keep us posted on how things are going.........your friends on here want to know how you are. :):)

Don

Latest posts

Back