winter rat rods

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's flippin 43 degrees here today.... cant wait for the cold in the summer and cant wait for the warmth in the winter..... i need to find a place where its about 70-75 year round!

Here's some local winter rods.

Attachments

• winterrod.jpg
    winterrod.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 39
Funny, my winter truck has more air conditioning in it than my summer truck!!????

Sorry Custom Cabby - I didn't mean to jack your thread! So what are you callin' a winter rat?

Pardon me, a WINTER "ROD" (just to make sure no one is offended). But as far as I'm concerned, my "RAT ROD" is my winter "ROD". If that can make any sense what so ever.

it's flippin 43 degrees here today.... cant wait for the cold in the summer and cant wait for the warmth in the winter..... i need to find a place where its about 70-75 year round!
Yeap. I turn my furnace on 3 days ago and today I dug out my can so I can get some fuel for the ready heater in the garage.

Come on guys... not all of us have a warehouse full of rods we can choose from for every day of the week. Geesh! So, I myself, have to make my daily summer driver, my winter driver also!

I don't drive my 'good' vehicle (My 63 F100) in the winter cause the salt here would eat it alive! I've got a 87 F150 I drive in the winter - it ain't pretty. I did just weld some new rear wheel wells on it..... from a 85 Cutlass! :eek::D

I just couldn't drive anything I care about in the salt.

well this may be close to winter rides last weekend a good friend had his annual "hot rod" party hot rodders builders chassis builders etc small turnout 39 degrees when i left home no heat in the 29 and no heat in my brothers 69 dart but we drove them the 20 plus miles to the party hat gloves boots warm coat etc... had a ball we did shame the maverick owner to go home and get his ultra clean ride even the unfinished cuda drove in drivers seat only and gutted but runs like h--- gig block 4 spd gasser style cooool

Attachments

• 11 30 08 001.jpg
    11 30 08 001.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 11 30 08 002.jpg
    11 30 08 002.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 19
  • 11 30 08 004.jpg
    11 30 08 004.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 11 30 08 005.jpg
    11 30 08 005.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 19
  • 11 30 08 006.jpg
    11 30 08 006.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 17
I under coated por 15ed and oil sprayed my 66 f85 drove it 6 years all year round now its some were in China. I wont drive a decent car in the winter ever again. Thats what my Toyota is for.

well this may be close to winter rides last weekend a good friend had his annual "hot rod" party hot rodders builders chassis builders etc small turnout 39 degrees when i left home no heat in the 29 and no heat in my brothers 69 dart but we drove them the 20 plus miles to the party hat gloves boots warm coat etc... had a ball we did shame the maverick owner to go home and get his ultra clean ride even the unfinished cuda drove in drivers seat only and gutted but runs like h--- gig block 4 spd gasser style cooool

Wow !! Neat lookin' stuff ..................... really diggin' that first generation Barracuda.

I like those small gatherings of friends and acquaintences. Nice selection of cars there. A few years ago we were able to drive a roadster every winter month.[cl I'll admit we took a ride in January just so we could say we did it. Not too comfortable.

Latest posts

Back