WITHRAWS!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANNAMEL

I will make this short. QUIT dip(SNUFF 12 years) Saturday and man do i have a problem. You name and i have been thru it in the past couple of days. Dizzy Nausia cramps Pulse sweats short tempered headache cant sleep but I am doing this for my daughter. Made a promise years ago and now its time to pay up. Just wanted to put it out there.

Good for you. Not only are you doing it for your Daughter, but also so that you can be around to see her in years to come. My Dad smoked like a chimney and died at 47. I was 11 and never got to really know him. It has left a hole in my life that can't be filled, and I wish he were around to see me become a man, have Sons of my own, and to see how they have followed in his footsteps by also becoming professional musicians.

The other thing is that if kids see us doing things like smoking, or drinking to excess it makes it seem ok for them to do it too. You wouldn't want to pass that habit along to her, I'm sure. Keep at it, and when you feel weak take a good look at her and imagine if you weren't there every day to see her face. :) Let us know how it is going.

Don

If it's anything like quitting smoking, I feel for ya. Just don't give in. After the first couple weeks, it's mostly psychological.

The most important thing to remember is you can not EVER touch the stuff again. Not once. You do, and you'll be right back at it full force. Then you have to quit all over - why do it twice?

Good luck!

Hang in there ANNAMEL. You'll be glad you did so for you and your daughter's sake. Come on down to the Turkey Run in a couple of weeks and hang out.

I have been there. Smoked for 17 years and in January of this year I looked at some photos of people with oral cancer. I have not smoked since that day. I kept trying to sell myself on reasons not to quit and put it off but seeing the damage my bad habit can do was enough for me. That day a switch went off in my head and I never looked back. The physical withdrawals will stop after a few weeks but google images of oral cancer if you need a reminder what you are trying to avoid.

Good luck.

They say quitting chew is the worst next to heroin.

I started around 12, sitting in a grain truck waiting to be filled, Skoal cans on the dash and seat...hey why not try it.
I go to the dentist 4 times a year for checkups and cleaning. I've never tried to quit but a friend has and said it was horrible. He got acid reflux, stomach aches and heart burn months after he quit. The Dr couldn't find anything to get rid of the aftershocks. He started up again and it went away. He has slowed way down from his normal can a day to a can a week.

I feel for you and hope you can beat it

You can do it! just hang in there for your daughter, she'll appreciate it and so will you when you can see her grow up WITH a father![cl...CR

You can do it I did and i chewed for over 25 years so it isnt easy but hang in there been without for 2 years in May and i still crave it

June of this year I quit dipping Copenhagen after 23 years. It sucks, I want a dip every day. I used Chantix to quit. It helped, but I still talk myself out of buying a can at least two or three times a week. It gets a litte easier all the time. The only thing that gets me through is knowing that I might have an extra day or two with my kids...

Youcandoit!!!!

I've never smoked and I think the main reason was my Dad would try to go out with me when I was about 8 or 9 and throw a baseball or football around, and he would get these terrible chest pains and have to sit down. When that would happen he would say to me "I don't care if you are 50 years old, if I EVER see you with a cigarette I'm going to break your fingers, look what it did to me."

As I mentioned, he died when I was about 11 and his words always stuck with me. My ex-wife was an RN and smoked like a fiend......still does. Thank God my two Sons have never picked up a cigarette and they will be 40 years old in a couple of weeks.

I know smoking and chewing are very powerful habits to try to break. I have heard former drug addicts say they were able to give up hard drugs easier than cigarettes. My hat is off to anyone who quits or at least tries. :)

Don

I used to have a business partner quite a few years ago and he had smoked since he was a young teenager. Smoked lucky strikes like a fiend, 2 to 3 packs a day. He decided to just quit when he was close to 60 and he did it! You can too. I watched cigarettes slowly kill my father. He smoked forever, rolled his own also. I used to smoke until one day I realized what they were doing to him and I thought, "this is just flat out stupid". I quit! You need some type of incentive to do it, you just can't think I'm gonna quit, you have to WANT to quit. Your incentive is your kids! Like Nike says, "DO IT !"[cl

I cant tell you guys how much your comments meant to me. Doing good. It seems thats most of us in here have something in common and that is we are family and are there for one another. Thanks guys Owe yall a big one. Daughter called me this am to tell me good luck today. Thanks again. Will keep you updated. For those of you who have quit " I HEAR YA"

Try to stop thinking about it if you can. Keep busy with other projects that you've been putting off. If you don't have that much to do, stop over to my house and I'll find a lot for ya to do!.:D.......Good luck!.........CR

I intended to quit just two weeks ago after I got a tooth pulled. I made it two days and was about to climb the walls. I made it another 4 days without one and I was feeling pretty hostile. Then the craving just took over and I couldn't stand it anymore. I'm really disappointed in myself too. Just like has been said, you have to want it really bad to quit. I guess I didn't want it bad enough.

If I could just find another bad habit to replace it that wouldn't kill me or cost so much I think I could do it! Unfortunately bad habits are usually always harmful in some way so it might take a while to figure out.

T1

UPDATE
Still doin without. Most of the physical crap is out of the way. I never imagined that it would take that kind of a toll on my body but man it did. Thanks for all your post. Read them more than once on many occasions. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back