I'm Gonna Build A Dragster!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These guys have covered all that I would have said. Health is number one. Heres to a speedy recovery. [P

Here's my face. Healing fast. Thanks for the support guys. It means a lot to me in these trying times.

Speedy recovery!

Blame Mrs W, say she knifed you when you were looking at another project [P

Here's hoping ya got the sense of humor most hotrod guys have to have...ya goin with bondo or lead???[ddd

Finally got to the drag strip today. The Minnesota Street Rod Assn. rented Brainerd Int'l Raceway today and Sunday so I got to race for free. I had both the Crosley and the dragster there.

After a terribly evil run at Byron , Ill in July, when my friend Dave nearly crashed the Crosley, I replaced the urethane four link ends with Heim Joints and replaced the posi unit with a spool. The car ran straight and true to the tune of 10.60 @ 126. Whew! that was a relief.

The dragster sat in the woods on the trailer under a tarp for a full year. I gave it a quickie clean up and headed for the strip at 6:00 this morning,150 miles away. My driving needed dusting off too as I started with a 12.74 @103.63. By the fourth run I set a personal record of 11.70 @ 117. Had a .006 reaction time too. Not bad for an old codger. My goal was to get in the 11's this year as my previous personal best was a 12.07.

Dr.C, It was nothing like the 50th anniversary meet you attended. The .006 reaction time was pretty rare for me. the other R/T's were .190, .698 (I didn't care, I was paying attention to starting line technique on a solo run), and -.034 (running a friend in a 10 flat '59 Corvette. Tried to get the jump on him). Usually my R/T's are in the .100-.200 range.

The 60 foot times are a little lazy at around 1.9 seconds. I'm thinking I need a little more stall in the converter.

It's a different experience racing an open car. I like it but it will takes more passes before I'm totally comfortable.

Thanks for letting me ramble on....

Thanks Terry & Lee (Tator). The weather was good, cloudy and cool. Car count was down and a person could get lots of runs in if wanted. It was raining on the way up and I'm sure that kept a lot of cars home.
Now, to figure out how to make the dragster go quicker...:D

Looking forward to the Fall Meltdown at Rock Falls

Latest posts

Back