1936 chevy build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The chop looks good, truck looks mean.

If I can make a suggestion? I would redo the top half of the rear frame. I think it being up as high as the tires looks kind of funny, and its kind of a peave of mine. I would honestly drop it down so that is closer to the axle. Say your ride height is 2", I would make the frame about 3" above the top of the axle. If you did this, I think you could build the bed so the top rail is closer to the trucks bodyline, which I think would look more natural.

i see what your saying, and was actually thinking about that, but i was originally going to bag the rear, and wanted to hide everything under the bed floor. i may still, not sure. to be honest, i like the bed height a little above the bodyline, it makes the top not seem so bubbly and tall.

well, its been a while since i updated to here is a little more. ive had to return two brake pedal assemblies to speedway and finally have a wilwood reverse floor mount on the way that should work. i also got a reversed corvair box and im getting my mount all fabbed up now. i did some more sub-floor and started my firewall bracing since this will support my colum. i also swapped the 700r4 that was donated to me for a freshly rebuilt th400. i would like to show yall the sweet tri power setup i got for $100 dollars, but it turns out the edlebrock c355 intake only fits a 265. bummer
truckbuild047.jpg

truckbuild046.jpg

truckbuild045.jpg

truckbuild059.jpg

thanks guys, ya i cant wait, it gets old sitting on the subfloor with my metal flake wheel making noises. big scott, i saw your truck a while back and it gave me alot of inspiration! sick! im gonna start updating here more than KB cause all the lameness over there. i hope thats cool with yall. theres still some badass people over there but its so much bull shat drama and s10 hack rods now.

thanks guys, ya i cant wait, it gets old sitting on the subfloor with my metal flake wheel making noises. big scott, i saw your truck a while back and it gave me alot of inspiration! sick! im gonna start updating here more than KB cause all the lameness over there. i hope thats cool with yall. theres still some badass people over there but its so much bull shat drama and s10 hack rods now.

sweet - take your time..it's worth the wait!!

Let me know if you anything

great build going there! lots of nice (and i mean very nice) fab work on that frame & body. as anyone else can attest to its about this point when all of that "little stuff" can really start to get ya down... but don't let it!!

great build thread keep up the good work!

HRP

Yeah, I think a lot of guys have gotten feed up and seen the light. It was shining bright at RRR.:D

heres a few recent ones of the brake setup were using with parts from welder series. (badass company by the way)! it worked out nice and kept me from having a two foot driver. still smoothing out the chop lines in our spare time so you wont see any. heres a mock up intake my buddy did, i think its a winner whether i run it on the tri power or a 4 bbl setup.

Picture079.jpg

Picture081.jpg

Picture080.jpg

2 weeks ago we built some POS cars to raceint the down hill challenge in atlanta. it was at the starlight drive in where they have the drive invasion car show every year. we all sucked but it was fun as hell. and the odd rods c.c had a few of their rods out too.
purple is for pimps and gold for the hunnies!
Picture062.jpg

Picture068.jpg

Picture076.jpg

Picture077.jpg

so i get a call about a machine shop closing and they had a noce welding table i wanted. well i ended up scoring a 3/8" 4"x8" table, a packard drill press, and a neat old brake that works awesome for 200 bones. i couldnt get the cash out quick enough!
Picture078.jpg

Picture071.jpg

Picture.jpg

Now thats a score.That Wilton vice alone is more than 200 Bones.

I hope that you have a TV in that garage with all that sattalite cable just sitting there.

Latest posts

Back