1936 chevy low cab build 1.5T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[here ya go Rodney

-Outside width 79ish(this will be reduced by an inch or 2 when i get the proper tires)

-wheel base is 124

Thanks everyone[/QUOTE]

Great. Thank you very much! RR

i can always make you a gmc tail gate with the script in it if you cant find an orrignal

Ill keep that in mind... Thanks!

Rodney what are the dims on your truck turning out to be?

This is the gate I am hoping to find (at a reasonable price haha)

Tailgate.jpg

Thanks guys...

[Rodney what are the dims on your truck turning out to be?

I'll know for sure here within the first of the new year, but its lookin like the wheelbase is gonna be around 144 if we keep the front out were the grill will set behind the front axle but more in the 125-135 range if we pull it back some.

Width is around 88-90 inches wide depending on adaptors. All is subject to change of course. lol RR

Man.. I had to go back 5 pages to dig my thread up.. im slacking...

Not a whole lot to report.. but I am in need of a little assistance from the tech crew of RRR....

I bought a rebuilt Hydrobooster set up of ebay. got a good deal on it.. it came with 2 push rods.. neither of which seem to fit properly. I am hoping that someone will have some insight into how it should fit...

Heres the end of the booster..
PushRodend.jpg

You can kinda see the rods in the picture.. but the one the ball is small and fits very loose (just falls out), the other is larger and just sits on the outside surface.. I dont think either are proper and was wondering if anyone can lend some knowledge... the only problem is Im not sure what the set up came from.. (although i am thinking a 80's full size chevy truck)

Heres a shot of it mounted under the floor.. you can kinda see my game plan for hooking it up to the pedals, I am planning on using the original bracket/pivot from the truck frame to reverse the motion
UnderFloorMount.jpg

I did also find a few min to finish my overly complicated hold down for my gas tank... You cant really see it but there are a ton of parts there to make it work.. should have planned it out a little better...
Gastankmount.jpg

In put a hydroboost in the '53 Chevy. I tried to get the push rod out, but it was swedged in and I couldn't figure out a way to remove it. I ended up building the pedal assyembly to work with the pushrod like it was.

I think your larger one is the one I have, but it doesn't sit on top it goes inside.

Not much help

hummm thanks DJ for the input.. I will have to see how the hell I can get this thing in..

Ohhh jeeze.. what am I getting myself into now????

I was thinkin about not showing you guys this in case it doesnt work out...

49ff5b63.jpg

59c5e376.jpg

Here goes nothing...
1a137bf1.jpg

Next up... machining.. we will see if i can manage to not screw it up.. i am not a machinist
Other than this I have just been tinkering on some other stuff..

2 questions; 1, where did you get the wheel blank? and 2, is it a car wheel blank or a motorcycle? reason I ask the second is that I don't think that the motorcycle ones use the same bead lock lip on the wheel edge. Cycles never get the side load that a car does. I like the idea though![cl[P

Jfg,

wheel blanks are from coker..they are not for motorcycles.. they are for bias plys car tires...

Coker has a newer series of rims they make which they have centers for.. they make them in 6" and 4.5" which is what I have there... Their centers go on the drop center... mine will not it will butt up against the edge of the drop center, but first I have to machine it to fit, if they made the blanks without the drop center life would be easier..

Trying to get away from the old multipiece rims in the front... If someone wants to buy me 4 more blanks I'll do the rears too! ;-)

The rims I have for the back are actually a 3 piece construction, one of the better field serviceable designs... I have done alot of research on these old rims, which ones are safe which ones are not, but I will just feel better knowing I have 1 piece rims in the front. In the event that a rear came apart it would be captured by the other tire in the back

its about damn time you updated your build, i wish i could do the same for my build but until now i was only doing little things that nobody really needs to be updaed on. good luck with the task you just took on

its about damn time you updated your build, i wish i could do the same for my build but until now i was only doing little things that nobody really needs to be updaed on. good luck with the task you just took on

Yeah.. been slacking.. I was a little burned out on it.. still kinda am.. i should be done and driving this thing by now, and yet there is still so much to do..

corpo, couldnt you weld them together and make a 1 piece rim? idk, just asking

Nope, because you wouldn't be able to get the tire on, both the back edge and the locking ring edge is quite a bit taller then a normal rim, dont think you could get the tire to stretch far enough..

Latest posts

Back