1941 chevy 2 dr bathtub

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tattoocharlie

heres my build,im a new member here,but been hotrodding a long time.although this is my first major fab job by myself.never done this or seen it done,just went to town.tell me what you guys think.

1st pic as i got it(rebuilt tranny for buddy,he gave me the car)
2nd i got ambitious
3rd top gone,pillars being boxed,8 inches out of the windshield
4th and 5th fabbed swoops to help smooth windshield to door,shaved handles,welded door shut,smooth gas filler hole.
6th my main man helping to shave the handles....hes only 8
7th bondo done,fiberglass resin to seal bondo
8th makin a template for a windshield.going with plexiglass

im under 200.00 so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 41 8.jpg
    41 8.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 41 2.jpg
    41 2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 41 3.jpg
    41 3.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 41 4.jpg
    41 4.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 171
  • 41 5.jpg
    41 5.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 180
  • 41 6.jpg
    41 6.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 154
  • 41 7.jpg
    41 7.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 41 9.jpg
    41 9.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 156
1941 chev

also i patched the floors,built a rear cap(behind the backseat)to mimic a convertible,shaved the handles and filled the gas filler all with what i took from the roof section.only cost is bondo and mig wire and beer!!!!!!!!!
gonna bag the rear,sbc and th350 prob.i also cut the front springs to slam the front.did i mention this still has all the original drivetrain,motor tuens freely oil is clean.although thatll be coming out.

gonna keep it clean!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think thats a pretty slick idea and look so far, I look forward to more pics of this build for sure. Are you planning on a top at all?

im thinking a tonneau kinda like on the old shelby cobras,where only the driver seat is open,or a tonneau that covers the rear seat,but no real top/real clean look

thanks for the welcome!!!!!

body mods are done,except a few small holes in the floor,the floors were solid but a lil bit has fallen out during all the work.(lol)but yes welding the doors was my idea of strengthening the body.

im thinking a tonneau kinda like on the old shelby cobras,where only the driver seat is open,or a tonneau that covers the rear seat,but no real top/real clean look

I think that would look pretty slick, like some of the old solid covers with the aero humps behind each seat [P

heres what my car wouldve looked like (photoshop)with bags and a 6 inch chop.this was my original plan but the fab was over my head and i couldnt find a good donor roof.but i love where my 41 is headed.

Attachments

• 41 10.jpg
    41 10.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 88

Like the tub[cl. I saw a bug that was tub, The guy had a tonneau that went 4" wide from the dash to just behind the front seats and covered the back seats. He had a flap that zipped in over the front seat, looked cool.

I would have voted for the chop, but what you have done looks pretty cool.

DON'T use plexiglass for a windshield however. Take those templates to your local glass shop and have some automotive safety glass cut. It's cheap, easy to install, legal and safe. Plexiglass scratches & fogs like crazy.

I would have voted for the chop, but what you have done looks pretty cool.

DON'T use plexiglass for a windshield however. Take those templates to your local glass shop and have some automotive safety glass cut. It's cheap, easy to install, legal and safe. Plexiglass scratches & fogs like crazy.

Big times 2. You will be much more satisfied with the end result.

thanks for the positive feedback,im stoked to get this on the road.any suggestions for a grill/bumper?my buddy cut and welded an old caddy bumper for his 51 chev p/u,it looks tough.

ANY IDEAS??????

so i got my ol steel wheels out,my boys at LYLES TIRES in omaha let me use their tire machine....THANK YOU.....got 15s for the front 16s for the rear,,,,new tires goin on tonight and she gets a bath to rid her of all the bondo dust.

I WILL POST PICS OF HER OUTSIDE WITH WHEELS ON AND CLEAN.....TONITE!!!!!!!!!1

new pics

here it is washed with wheels and rubber......still have to lower the back but.....what yall think now!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• roller 1.bmp
    99.4 KB · Views: 82
  • roller 2.bmp
    99.4 KB · Views: 61
  • roller 3.bmp
    99.4 KB · Views: 53
  • roller 4.bmp
    99.4 KB · Views: 68

Latest posts

Back