1947? Dodge

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty01

I just snagged it from my buddies salvage yard, I am guessing its a 47 but I think this front end was n production from 41 to 47. It is all there with av6 cyl flathead. I plan to move it over to an s10 frame and run a small block with a 350 tranny. The goal is to make it into the pic of the ride attached

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 35
Definitely a 41-47,

If you look in the drivers door jam there may be a serial tag there. I think they were only there in 47 other years I believe are in the passenger door frame. Once you have your serial number this website will tell you what you have!! Serial Decoder

Good luck with your build!

love the 39-47 trucks..just picked myself up one a few months back... love to see pics when you start on her! (sorry to hear your using sbc junk :p )

I just snagged it from my buddies salvage yard, I am guessing its a 47 but I think this front end was n production from 41 to 47. It is all there with av6 cyl flathead. I plan to move it over to an s10 frame and run a small block with a 350 tranny. The goal is to make it into the pic of the ride attached

They actually started that body in 39. My brother has a 39 Dodge on an S-10 frame with a 455 buick in it. The best thing to do is bolt the fenders to the cab before you start moving the body to the S-10 frame, and move the cab and front clip as a unit to get the cab in the right spot. Once you've mounted the cab you can take everything apart if you want. Good luck! Those trucks have great lines!

Thanks for the great input. I checked all doo jams and alas in vin tags...I have the old girl under a tarp sitting in a snow drift so it will have to wait till spring. I wish I had more garage space but the 30 and the bikes come first. I plan to pick up an s10 roller from the yard in march.

Looks good. :cool: A little tip before you rip up the S-10-pull the front shocks and put in some all-thread to hold the suspension @ ride height. If you set your wheelbase measurements to an "unloaded" suspension you will end up with too much front overhang, as the front suspension axle centre line moves UP and BACK as you add weight to the chassis.

Looking forward to a build once you get started. You might want to check out Todd's '39 Dodge thread, he's started pretty much the same build.:)

Regards,
Shea:)

Looks good. :cool: A little tip before you rip up the S-10-pull the front shocks and put in some all-thread to hold the suspension @ ride height. If you set your wheelbase measurements to an "unloaded" suspension you will end up with too much front overhang, as the front suspension axle centre line moves UP and BACK as you add weight to the chassis.

Looking forward to a build once you get started. You might want to check out Todd's '39 Dodge thread, he's started pretty much the same build.:)

Regards,
Shea:)

Hmm, that's interesting. We've never done that. I think you need to be careful assuming that ride height will be a certain level, since the bodies weigh different amounts, as do engines when you change, etc. We've never had an issue with leaving the front shocks in and putting in the motor first then dropping the cab complete with front clip on. That was most of your weight is on it when you mount the cab, and then you can put it in the right place.

Good Tip!!! [cl

Latest posts

Back