1950 Ford upgrades...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReTroJoe

I would like to make some changes to my 50' Ford. I would like to install power disc brakes, and power steering. What are the best ways to go about doing either of these? I've looked for disc brake kits, but had no luck. What would I need to do to add power steering as well? Thanks for any leads, tips, etc.

What is the width of your frame? I put a 78 Jag under my 50f1 It's a bolt in and worked out great. Power, and Disc all in one.

Lots

of directions depending on your pocket book.

S10- cheap, plentiful and labor intensive (you have to be a good welder)

Mustang clip (same deal) only maybe not so cheap.

subframe kit from Fatman - nice but neither cheap or easy to throw in.

dropped spindle kit (and springs from Fatman) best price for a guy with average skills.

I am guy 3 and went with fatman spindles and jamco springs front and back
and I am real pleased.

Now, that being said if I become a better welder I'd still like a modern clip.

Rod

Thanks for the help! I will look into the spindles. I've looked at mustangII front ends, but most catalogs would not include anything after 48.

I've never done a front clip job on a car, but we keep getting lots of questions on how to do them on here. Could any of you who have done them post a thread with some text and pictures of how you did it and what you encountered? It would be great to see how it is done.

Don

Latest posts

Back