1951 White semi rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm suprised no one has aked what the lever with the vise grips on the dash is. Thankx again.

been waitin' for ya to tell us what it is[P

Later:cool:

Diggin' the truck but you should round the corners of that front bumper to go with the curves of the truck a little bit just my opinion :) otherwise the truck is badass!!!!

Thancks Lucky D. Yea that front bumper,,,, I don't know, someone said to cut the center on the same angle as the grill. Others say it's to big. I still have to have the bottom bent to a 90* Then weld an edge (box the ends)on it. That would be the time to round the corners. I even thought about changeing it completely. I have a rear bumper off a 72 Jeepster that looks like a 50s Ford front bumper. Thanks for your input, i didn't think about rounding the corners. Time will tell!

I'm suprised no one has aked what the lever with the vise grips on the dash is. Thankx again.

been waitin' for ya to tell us what it is[P

I'ts a hand brake.. Have you ever backed a truck with a stick shift up to a trailor and wished you had a third foot for the brakes? Well like i said this rig was built to tow. The hand brake works so well that is the only brake i have, but for safety i am putting a foot pedal on it. If you look at the pic. of the shovel gas feed you will only see a gas pedal and a clutch pedal. I'm running two master cylenders, one for the front and one for the rear. Got good brakes..

Thancks Lucky D. Yea that front bumper,,,, I don't know, someone said to cut the center on the same angle as the grill. Others say it's to big. I still have to have the bottom bent to a 90* Then weld an edge (box the ends)on it. That would be the time to round the corners. I even thought about changeing it completely. I have a rear bumper off a 72 Jeepster that looks like a 50s Ford front bumper. Thanks for your input, i didn't think about rounding the corners. Time will tell!

Right on just thought I'd throw it out there :)

This is the brake/tail lights i got from an old camper (1952). And Fuji is still on the couch!! Then the grill, I have to cut down but instead of put the bars up and down,, I might put them in horizontaly, or slanted a little.

Attachments

• semi rat 002.jpg
    semi rat 002.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 14
  • semi rat 003.jpg
    semi rat 003.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 15
  • semi rat 004.jpg
    semi rat 004.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 22
  • semi rat 005.jpg
    semi rat 005.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 18
  • semi rat 001.jpg
    semi rat 001.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 14
put the bars up and down

put the bars up and down, slanted a little may look OK.

horizontal would not go with the truck, ruin the flow ya have going so far.

That's one of the ways I was thinkin. Then theres the webs, I thought putting webs in it made of 1/4" rod. So many options. I evn thought of using stainless steel 18 guage, and lazer cut a hillbilly by a stil..but open enough for air.

Thanx,,,,Skull, do you have a favorite pic. of you truck? and if so is it on a thread? if so where? Or you can post it here,Idon't mind. I would like to show you what i do.

my 48

there is a thread on the truck if ya want more info,

here is some of pics. is this waht ya needed?

Attachments

• DSC026 (1).jpg
    DSC026 (1).jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCI06 (2).jpg
    DSCI06 (2).jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCI026.jpg
    DSCI026.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCI0262.jpg
    DSCI0262.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 18
  • D2(3).jpg
    D2(3).jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 19
That is one great looking truck that you put together! Here is a different idea for your grill. Mount it vertical but with the bottom slanted out in front of the bumper (kinda like your picture). Build angled sides back to the bumper. The idea is to make it look like a cow catcher from an old locomotive. This is one of those ideas that sounds great in my head but may be retarded in real life. Lol

Cut wholes in the back for brake/tail/turn lights. Then make bracket for brake light switch. I wanted it exposed to be different. I couldn't find the nut that goes to the switch,so i used a 1/2" lug nut. Same thread!! Got lots more ideas for the rest of the dash!! I'll post them as i do em. The bracket was WIRED to dash!! It's real solid. Start runnin wires tommorrow, YAAAAA!!!!!

Attachments

• semi rat 001.jpg
    semi rat 001.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 19
  • semi rat 002.jpg
    semi rat 002.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 18
  • semi rat 003.jpg
    semi rat 003.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 19
  • semi rat 004.jpg
    semi rat 004.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 21
  • semi rat 005.jpg
    semi rat 005.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 16
  • semi rat 006.jpg
    semi rat 006.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 17
  • semi rat 007.jpg
    semi rat 007.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 18
  • semi rat 008.jpg
    semi rat 008.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 20
Nope. What I did was made the bar my brakes. I pull down on it and it applies my brakes. So when the rod goes down the plunger comes down completeing the curciut. Then your lights come on. I don't have a brake pedal. but for satey, i'm putting a foot pedal in it.

Latest posts

Back