2 Lane Blacktop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redidbull

I had never seen 2 lane blacktop and finally did last week. Did anyone think it was a good movie? I did not. Cars were cool but over all not great. Any opinions? Jim

It was tedious and to this day can’t figure out the meaning of the ending. Thunder Road and Vanishing Point are still good ones imho

In the past 6 months I've watched both Two Lane Blacktop and American Graffiti for the first time. Other than the cool cars, both were pretty lacking in modern movie standards. I was quite disappointed in Two Lane Blacktop after all I've heard about it, and really didn't like it.

Thunder Road is dated but kinda cool, Then there is Dirty Mary Crazy Larry with Fonda, another 70’s chase hot rod flick.

For the bikers there is the dated Wild One as far as the classics go but an interesting review about that one said that Brando’s gang seemed more of the scat beatnik type where Lee Marvin’s gang were more true to the early bikers plus they were on Harleys and not Triumphs.

Speaking of bikers, I did not know that Clint Eastwood was a biker in an old Highway Patrol episode, worth watching for a kick. It’s on YouTube. And there was also a hot rod bad guys episode on Highway Patrol.

I started watching Thunder Road today and it looks good so far. I kept waiting for 2 Lane to get better but it never did and the ending was horrible. American Graffiti is one of my favorite movies of all time. Alot of that is because 1st time I saw it it was with a bunch of my high school friends in 1975. Old big screen theater and some beer made it better. It did make me want a 32 Ford. I still don't have one. :( Favorite scene. Jim
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2OoxzYqgNY

I’ve seen AG several times, love it. The others named, never saw any of them. Saw part of Hollywood Knights, never been able to find it again. Watched California Kid when it was on tv, watched it about a year ago on YouTube.

Latest posts

Back