32 3 window on 27 roadster frame?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rollingthunder

Im wondering if someone could please tell me the body length and the width at the rear of a 3 wi.dow coupe..I jave a 27 roadster and this winter wanna try and replace the 27 shell with a coupe body?

Ford 3 window coupe ..thanks.. Heres some pics of my roadster.this forum forum helped me so much when I was building this car..

Attachments

• IMG_1935-1.jpg
    IMG_1935-1.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 47
I agree, it is ok to put an earlier body on a 32 frame, but not right at all to put a 32 body on an earlier frame. If it isn't against the law in all 50 States, it should be. :D

Don

Genius..a 32 on 32 rails..wow you guys are blowing my mind... Metal is metal and a box frame is a boxed frame..like said its not a 27 frame I built it by hand..you know what would be cool. if someone could just answer the question

Last edited:
Genius..a 32 on 32 rails..wow you guys are blowing my mind... Metal is metal and a box frame is a boxed frame..

But a 32 frame has that cool reveal in the side! And, it fits the 32 body!

Gotta agree with the other guys, 32 on a 32 frame or nothing! Repop 32 rails are available pretty reasonably, box them as you see fit for strength, but that reveal in a 32 frame is what makes it special. Why do you think so many A bones are sitting on 32 rails? It's because that frame is a work of art!

Genius..a 32 on 32 rails..wow you guys are blowing my mind... Metal is metal and a box frame is a boxed frame..like said its not a 27 frame I built it by hand..you know what would be cool. if someone could just answer the question

It would also be pretty cool if you dropped the attitude and respected the sage advice from seasoned builders on here. Will it fit? Maybe. Will it do the car justice? Definitely not.

Im wondering if someone could please tell me the body length and the width at the rear of a 3 wi.dow coupe..I jave a 27 roadster and this winter wanna try and replace the 27 shell with a coupe body?

I think rolling thunder is just needing some measurements:confused:

That is correct all I need is measurements like I originaly asked for. not a whole thread on a piece of artwork frame rail.. My bad ..I should of known that I would have gotten a couple old guys just trying to flex thier historical muscle.actualy I take that back.if you had real knowledge you would be able to provide some specs.I will only ask once more for a measurement..thanks again to anyone that can provide

I take back my previous reply..this is really a buzzkill man. I just wanted a measurement..not a history leson onwhy a 32 on 27 dimension hanbuilt frame should be illegal in 50 states. there are two guys on this thread that really know how to take the fun out of hotrodding..just cause your old and cruise your couch most of the day doesnt mean you deserve respect. Definetly the last time ill use this forum.thank you to all that have been supportive and actually answer questions

Theres nothing to agree on I just asked for a measurement not you're advice on how 32 rails are so art deco.. I believe youre the one that is upset its obvious dude

Not that it matters now, but what we were trying to tell you is that a Deuce body really doesn't fit very well on earlier frames, or ones that are made like the one in the picture with the shark teeth on it. Fords got bigger as the years went by and not only is the frame in your picture too short (I also have a 27 body so I can judge the length based on that) but the width at the firewall is also wider than a 27 body.

But when you come out with both guns blazing it reduces your chances of getting help on this subject or anything you might ask in the future.

Don

Latest posts

Back