32 grill shell fits a mustang radiator

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caddyhack

I remember reading that you can stick a mustand radiator in a 30s ere grill shell and be good enough to cool a small block chevy.. is this true and what year shells and radiators will work for them??? Brlecause i dont want to buy a 32 shell and have it not work and spend $400????, for an aluminum radiator... any help would be appreciated thanks

Im also only running a pretty mild SBC 305 the only magljor mods ive done is im gonna run 3x2 rodchester carbs other than that the motor is stock

I know a '66 mustang radiator fits inside a Model A radiator shell with room to spare so I imagine it would fit in a '32 as well, since those shells fit on Model A frames.

Speedway sells alum mustang radiators for $289. I used one on my rat inside a '29 Model A shell and it did a great job cooling my stock 302 in 100 deg heat (elec fan).

I run a 66 stang rad in my 32 shell fits good. Mines is a stock replacement rad. from AutoZone around $120.00 . Running mildly built 4.3 v6 runs very cool.

There's a few guys around here runnin speedway radiators that go for around $109. They get the Ford version, turn em on end and modify the filler neck or run a remote filler. Works great for 30's shell on a rat rod. Don't know how it fits for a stock type setup.

The old Daytripper had a 60's Chev 6-bang truck rad that cooled it's 350 & never puked even in Houston weather! It fit the shell perfectly & had an elec fan.

BoB

any more input on the radiators and shells that will fit and work .. also im planning on taking a few inches out of the height due to the channel will any of them work if the grill shell is shortened and how much can i cut ?????

What are the dementions of the 66 mustang radiators without the mounting tabs and how big is it with the mounting tabs ????

I use 1964-66 mustang radiators in all my 1926-27 model T`s.Just trim a little bit off the ,mounting flange and it fits right in.I am sure 32`s use a bigger grill shell than model T`s ,so it should work fine.All my rods end up with a small block chevrolet.No cooling problems so far.Hope this helps.

in my 34 plymouth i had a 64 mustang radiator, but now i'm running a 69 mustang radiator and it cools my mildly souped up small block very well and fits perfect in a grill

18 1/2 wide by 22 tall is for what year radiator 1966???? Because im planning on rilunning an old international tractor grill

1964-1966 mustang. Look around on speedwaymotors.com and they will have specs on all the radiators they sell. They sell the alum ones but can prob get a stock one from napa much cheaper.

Yea thats my plan just buying one from a pepboys rather than a speed shop so thats why i needed all the info i could get.... thank you all wery much for your help

Does anyone have amy pics of there radiator fitment.. like the placement of the neck and if it has to be modified or does it stick out at a 90° and is it in the center, left or right on both top and bottom

Go to speedway, look at the pics online, get the measurements, then buy from pep boys.

The neck is on the top to one side so you have to either make the shell easily removable or fill it with a hose or something.

Latest posts

Back