33' Plymouth 5window coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and the 454's are for some chevelles were working on. the one on the left is going in a "junkyard dog" build. its just going to be a fun weekend/sleeper car with ratty body but built motor/trans with some suspension to add

One of the highest compliments a person gives me when they look at my rod is "I wouldn't change a thing." I have to say that about your coupe, it is perfect IMO. You nailed it with nothing that jumps out as being out of place. Great taste and job on it.

I think these early Plymouths are about the prettiest coupes out there, especially when channeled and fenderless. Just so smooth and cool with the suicide doors. Nice, nice ride. [dr

Don

i really appreciate it man. this is the first time done a build like this and it wont be my last. it has come a long long way from the start

When I was about 15 a buddy of mine found a 33 or 34 Plymouth coupe like yours sitting in a hangar at a local small airport. Somehow he figured it should be his so he moved it to his place and started fixing it up. It was a lot like yours, channeled, no fenders, but no motor. One day we were hanging out at the gas station where he worked and saw it being flat towed behind another car going down the road. I guess the real owner figured out where it was and reclaimed it. :D But I always liked the lines of that rod and wondered what happened to it.

Don

gotta say that coupe has attitude! love it. sits right, looks right, I bet it is going to sound just right too![cl

PLEASE post a video when you get this thing under power, I’d really like to hear it. [cl

Also, it would be cool to see a build thread on those Chevelles, I miss having mine. :(

190169_160422934015804_100001442957434_372528_4093523_n.jpg

finally have a completed body. wiring is being completed out of shop to save a little tim and should be fired up by end of tomorrow night

215203_164462136945217_100001442957434_399651_894593_n.jpg

all fluids added, wiring will be done tonight. will be fired up tomorrow if we dont run into any problems.. hoping for a start-up video to be posted within the next day or so.

Latest posts

Back