46 Pontiac 4 door

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never done Interior on a car so I wanted to use this car for pratice. Not going for anything over the top, just some thing cleaner then what was in it. This is the only thing we dont offer in the shop but I hope to change that.

I started with a 4x8 ABS panel and made my door panel out of that. This stuff works great and can be formed good with a heat gun.
THE OLD
46pontiac272.jpg

THE NEW
46pontiac274.jpg

TESTED ON THE CAR.
46pontiac276.jpg

I hope to have the front doors done tomorrow and some updates.

Still working on the Door panels but today I finished my Intake bracket. I Made a small bracket to fit on to the MAS AIR and to help support it. The other end attachs to the inner fender. As you can see I also cut the bottom out to get the most air flow.

46pontiac279.jpg

46pontiac281.jpg

46pontiac280.jpg

After some bead blasting and paint it blends right in.
46pontiac283.jpg

46pontiac282.jpg

I found a nice size K&N Filter that would fit just right in the space I had. Notiing over the top but it gets the job done.
46pontiac284.jpg

46pontiac285.jpg

46pontiac288.jpg

Looks cool as heck...!!

Still working on the Door panels but today I finished my Intake bracket. I Made a small bracket to fit on to the MAS AIR and to help support it. The other end attachs to the inner fender. As you can see I also cut the bottom out to get the most air flow.

Wondering if the bracket will flex/move enough with the motor...without transmitting vibration into the body....or is that isolated with rubber?

The little bolt that holds it to the small bracket on the Inner fender has a small washer that has a rubber ring in the middle. It will move but I will not know how much untill I fire it up and hit the pedal. My Elbow that hooks to the MAS Air from the Throttle body is also a softer rubber (K&N elbow) and moves some what. I hope it works but If It dont I'll have to make a small bracket to come off the end to the block like most do. I hope to fire it up next week.....I hope.

We'll be awaiting the rumble....

Don't want you to think I was being critical.....just curious....you've done some excellant work....wish I could do that good.......[cl

I can't get over how that motor looks like it grew there..

it just looks like it made for the car....just a nice job....can't say enough good things about it....

i beleive you will be making another braket off the engine. and just a word of advice. ditch the k-n filter. they dont filter enough dirt and kill mass air sensors with there oil. just helpfull advice from someone who knows.

Just went through the whole thread... WOW!!!:eek:

Incredible, professional looking work for sure. Props to you, sir.:cool:[;)

I wish more people would build hot rods this way-Take a clean, older restoration and modify/update it underneath so it drives nice. The paint's still clean enough that you can wax it and keep it shiny, but not so nice you'll be paranoid to park and leave it somewhere....;)

Thanks for sharing, keep up the good work.[P

Regards,
Shea:)

i beleive you will be making another braket off the engine. and just a word of advice. ditch the k-n filter. they dont filter enough dirt and kill mass air sensors with there oil. just helpfull advice from someone who knows.

Try not over Oiling it next time...lol.;)

I dont have the room for a bracket on the Engine ( so I hope I dont have to do that ) The bracket that holds the filter to the Inner fender bracket is sloted so it can move back and forth with the twist of the engine. The Washer In between the two brackets is also rubber coated to cut down and vibrations.

Your starting to sound like Yearwood...lollol

Just went through the whole thread... WOW!!!:eek:

Incredible, professional looking work for sure. Props to you, sir.:cool:[;)

I wish more people would build hot rods this way-Take a clean, older restoration and modify/update it underneath so it drives nice. The paint's still clean enough that you can wax it and keep it shiny, but not so nice you'll be paranoid to park and leave it somewhere....;)

Thanks for sharing, keep up the good work.[P

Regards,
Shea:)

Thanks

Yea some cars are just not ment to take the fenders off and chop the tops and channel the body so far down over the frame that the drive shaft is in your arm pit..lol. Dont get me wrong I like that stuff too, but some time's less is more.;)

Cut the hole in the floor for the new shifter and got it installed. I didnt go all out for a new trans cover because it will never be seen. I kept it simple will just a little more arch too it so is would clear the shift leaver on the side.

46pontiac290.jpg

46pontiac289.jpg

Ok lets see I finished Installing the new trans cover. I Installed the battery tray I built for the back. Got it primed so it would not rust in the back. I made a custom hold down bracket out of billet to hold the battery down. Yes it is a little harder to get the battery in and out but the customer wanted to keep his trunk open because they plan to travel alot. So we used the space in the corner behind the spare.
46pontiac291.jpg

46pontiac292.jpg

46pontiac296.jpg

46pontiac293.jpg

Also finished wiring the front headlights and turn signals, See NO wiring.
46pontiac297.jpg

Also set the gauges in tonignt
46pontiac301.jpg

46pontiac298.jpg

Man....I'm glad to hear that....

I was seriously thinking I must be slacker.....thanks for making me feel a bit better....dumber, but better..lol...
Sam Fear thanks for having my back....[cl

They are building it for a customer.

Correct Im the one building it for a customer. I started "R.A.W RODS Restorations & Customs" 2 Years ago. Here is another project that Im working on in the shop at the same time. Its a 50 chevy that Im building Into a pro-touring car.

4 Months ago.
50chevy089.jpg

And Today.
50chevy527.jpg

50chevy487.jpg

50chevy457.jpg

50chevy508.jpg

And this one I just finished. It won truck of the year at the F100 super nationals for 61-66 trucks, and was also in Classic Trucks and Custom Classic Trucks.
STARTED WITH THIS:
DSC01490.jpg

FINISHED WITH THIS:
63f100024-1.jpg

63f100002-2.jpg

f100show033.jpg

classictrucks.jpg

f100001.jpg

Congrats.....you certainly have the touch...

I commend you on taking the plunge...looks like you are doing well for yourself.....you do OUTSTANDING work.....[cl[cl[cl Sorry for the confusion....

Latest posts

Back