49 chevy chop height

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalman

i am looking for some pics on chops that have been done to a 49 ish or around that era of truck and how much it has been chopped so i can get the idea of how far to chop mine. I was figuring about 4 in but also considered 6. Just need a pic or two to look at. If anybody gets the rebel rods mag, there is a 50 ford that is ratted out and looks amazing with the chop it has, and if anyone could help, I would greatly appriciate it and thanks.:confused:

You can look at my build thread here under "1948 Chevy Truck RAZOR" it has a 6" front and 5" rear chop. But I am not running fenders and I cut some out of the center of the cab to narrow it a little. The ford trucks of the same year look really good chopped a bunch cause of the body curves, the chevy's of these years tend to look odd when chopped a lot and still running the full body because of the BIG round curves in the body. It has been done by many and is really all about personla choice.
I also found some good pics by googling 1948-1954 chevy truck chop tops! Click on the image tab at the top of the screen and look at al the pics you can.
Do what makes you happy in the end as really thats all that matters anyway!! LOL

Let me know if I can help you out, I'll do all I can for you!!

Are you channeling the cab?....how tall are you?...do you actually plan on driving it a fair amount, or just taking it to show's? There's alot more that should go into the decision other than if it looks "cool" or not...

Latest posts

Back