A fun gig

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
I got a call yesterday from a lady who wanted me to make them a king size bed frame. The have seen my junk art in a gallery and bought a piece a couple years ago. I went and met with them, took some measurements and tossed ideas around. They are from LA but have a beautiful timber frame close by in the Bear Lodge. They also want an artsy firewood rack for the fire place and I think will end up buying a couple wall pieces. Prolly end up being a $4000+ gig. WOOP-WOOP!!! The rich folks from Kaliforney are wanting my art!!

Here's a shot of the bed and fireplace in the bedroom. I have to frame the window with the headboard and it will probably be a four post canopy bed unless I can lean them a different direction.

Attachments

• peggys bed.JPG
    peggys bed.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 38
  • peggy's bed 2.JPG
    peggy's bed 2.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 36
I can see the Reality Show now, "Hot Rod Furniture".

You'll need a lovable dopey guy and a cranky PIA guy that does great work. Of course each week you have to have a demanding customer that needs something built on a ridiculously deadline. Oh, and don't forget at the start of each show you need to look like a tough guy and flex and pose for the camera.

:D

I can see the Reality Show now, "Hot Rod Furniture".

You'll need a lovable dopey guy and a cranky PIA guy that does great work. Of course each week you have to have a demanding customer that needs something built on a ridiculously deadline. Oh, and don't forget at the start of each show you need to look like a tough guy and flex and pose for the camera.

:D

Don't forget the one crabby or weird guy like Horny Mike or that whiney a-hole on American restoration.

Latest posts

Back