air ride or springs?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockabillyrat

ok so im looking at ideas for my suspension on my 39 chevy truck. i have bagged a few s-10 in my day. (lol im only 22) and i have always liked the way they rode. plus adjustable ride height is always a great thing. but im not sure is it will look right on a fenderless rod. seems like alot of extra parts and money when when im going for a basic stripped down rod. so i think that coil overs and a suicide style set up in the front may give it a better look, save me money, and have a great ride quality, with out all the exra parts needed to ride on air.

what do you guys think. this will be a 39 chevy truck fenderless channeled and about 5 in of the ground. springs or bags and why?[P

Well maybe if it had the indy car looking suspension and have the bags inboard with a cam arrangement so you don't see them. I've seen that done and if you have to have IFS I think its the more attractive way of doing it, but that's me.

Regards,

Rev. D.

yeah i have a few pictures of it done that way. kinda like this with air ride though.

i really like the straight axle though. for me it makes the rod. just not a fan of running IFS with fenderless rods.

Attachments

• 0cb6_3.JPG
    0cb6_3.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 90
im not sure is it will look right on a fenderless rod. seems like alot of extra parts and money when when im going for a basic stripped down rod. so i think that coil overs and a suicide style set up in the front may give it a better look, save me money, and have a great ride quality, with out all the exra parts needed to ride on air.

what do you guys think?[P

I think you already answered your own question. Bags are for groceries...

Bags can be very cool, with the key word "Can" you will need to be a little creative do the cool part, but it can be done. That is unless you are playing this Hot Rod game by some body els's rules about what is cool and what is not. Give it a shot !!!

Roland

bags

You might want to go this route.........

Attachments

• 100_0450.jpg
    100_0450.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 100_0451.jpg
    100_0451.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 124
  • 100_0452.jpg
    100_0452.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 100_0454.jpg
    100_0454.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 123
Drag it....

Bag it.i myself was into the mini scene...but got into the rods..anyhow this is my 29 sedan,iv"e bagged it front and rear,the front was a little pain in the ##.wanted to keep that wheel base short.but the rear is just like any other build..hope you enjoy your new project...

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 29
Bag it.i myself was into the mini scene...but got into the rods..anyhow this is my 29 sedan,iv"e bagged it front and rear,the front was a little pain in the ##.wanted to keep that wheel base short.but the rear is just like any other build..hope you enjoy your new project...

can someone explain to me how to set up air bags. i want to put bags on my next build. does anybody have pictures maybe? im gonna want the frame rails no higher than the rear axle so that i can get the body as low as i can and keep all the suspension and frame inside the body. also i want the frame to sit on the ground when the air is released.

Latest posts

Back