An idea I have

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Mac, if you choose to use a Chevy 60 degree v6, this is how one could look all cleaned up with the bolt on goodies! This one is on my EZGO golf car rat.

Attachments

• DSCF0049.jpg
    DSCF0049.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF0050.jpg
    DSCF0050.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 13
Hey Mac, if you choose to use a Chevy 60 degree v6, this is how one could look all cleaned up with the bolt on goodies! This one is on my EZGO golf car rat.

Wow, that's probably the coolest golf cart I have ever seen and that engine looks great all cleaned up like that. What kind of power can you expect out of it?

Thanks, Mac

Shea, your knowledge blows me away, you always seem to have the right answers! Thank you for humoring my " I just might do this someday", Although I did do some research of my own

I pulled this from wiki,
Turbo
1979–1980 Ford Mustang, Mercury Capri (carbureted)
1980 Ford Fairmont, Mercury Zephyr (carbureted)
1985–1989 Merkur XR4Ti
1983–1986 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
1984–1986 Mercury Cougar XR7
1983–1984 Mustang TurboGT (W Code)
1983–1984 Capri Turbo RS
Turbo/Intercooler
1987–1988 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
1984–1986 Ford Mustang SVO

So a lot of options to source the motor, it said intercooled with T-5 manual it puts out 210hp, which should scoot that thing pretty good, might be tricky to find a place for an intercooler though.
used as a conversion engine on VW based cars like Sandrail and Baja Bug

No problem, Mac. I don't know "everything," BTW, I just read alot of crap about cars and have been since I was old enough to know what a wheel was.:D

Not sure just how big the intercooler was on those....BUT I wonder if it might fit inside the track-T rad shell in front of the rad? Food for thought, anyway.

Actually, IIRC, the Mustang SVO and T-Bird Turbo Coupe had them mounted on top of the intake, with a hood scoop for cold air? Maybe turn it on it's side and vent it through the driver's side hood panel?[S

Regards,
Shea:)

The German Ford v-6 used in early Mustang II's , Pintos and Capri's is a narrow angle engine and should fit if you would rather use it.

My "De-Ranger" had a later version of that engine, 2.9 liter multi port F.I.

I absolutely HATED that thing! They were quite prone to cracked heads and blown head gaskets.:(

That being said, I know little to nothing about the earlier 2.8 liter displacement versions, which were carbureted. Other than, as mentioned, used in Pintos, Mustang IIs, Capris and early Rangers.

Physically, they're roughly the same size as a Chevy 60 degree V-6 (2.8, 3.1, 3.4). So, one should fit quite easily in the Speedway Track T kit.

Regards,
Shea:)

Latest posts

Back