Another car from the woods of Southern Ohio!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The buried Belair, or the Beamer? I`m back from my little hour and 20 minute one way jog to Athens. Came back with a `70 BMW....

The car has seen better days, but like all BMWs runs awesome. It`s a two door, four speed car with a metal sunroof. The owner hit a pole with it bad enough to mess up the front sheet metal on the front right corner. We pulled it out enough not to rub, trimmed the fan so it wouldn`t hit the radiator, slapped a new headlight in that side, and drove it home. And some people say I`m nuts [S

It`s almost all stock, except for the Weber 32/36 on top. Some new parts. Planning on just getting the front end back to the general outline of a bmw, making a new bumper, putting some cool wheels on it, and driving the crap out of it :cool:

Hey, it`s not an abomination! At least not yet....[ddd

I have a couple, no recent ones though. These are from the sale ad.

3G33Ia3N45G45Ea5Jbcav1917833abc591d7f.jpg

3G73F53J95L15N25G1cavb068dc4738a019e9.jpg

3I63F23m65Na5L25Eecav41252cb57e2c1952.jpg

3I13N73H55Ed5K95J4cavc7b64f32e5841c0b.jpg

3G93Fb3L35Ia5Gf5J7cav9186797cc758174b.jpg

I did some electrical work, and got a few things working. Blower doesn`t work though.... May need that since it`s getting close to freezing here.

It will be getting the front end halfway straight again, at least close enough that I can ditch these bungie cords. I have a cool set of 15`s I got from a friend. So I`m thinking that I`ll throw those on it, and paint either flames or scallops(black or black & red) on the front. And maybe add a few stickers on the back, just to make sure it has enough character :rolleyes:

Any particular reasoning for that? I`m pretty sure they have the same body, just different engine [S

Also, I`m accepting opinions/photoshops on the scallops vs. flames debate going on in my head.

welllllll it's no Bel Air, but I guess it could work! I think I would go with scallops, flames are getting too over done in my opinion..... or maybe nothing at all.

Cool! I could work with that. Spider webs. (I have never said that)

I think I would have to see an example to form an opinion myself.

welllllll it's no Bel Air, but I guess it could work! I think I would go with scallops, flames are getting too over done in my opinion..... or maybe nothing at all.

Plus scallops would be easier for us to do :eek: I think we could make them look good though. Don`t think I could do nothing, the paint is pretty well screwed where it wrecked, and I`ll probably lose more when I pull it out....

Flames, scallops? No way! You should definitely (in my opinion) paint it up like an old rally car. It would look awesome and the dents would just be "race damage"

Yeah the 2002 is the same body as the 1600. The 2002 has a bigger engine.

I seriously considered doing this to one I found locally a few months back. I would just ditch the bumpers entirely.

Attachments

• t_1973rac04bmw2002tiibjorvf7__1__759.jpg
    t_1973rac04bmw2002tiibjorvf7__1__759.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 22
  • bmw 2.jpg
    bmw 2.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 21
  • BMW.jpg
    BMW.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 20
Flames, scallops? No way! You should definitely (in my opinion) paint it up like an old rally car. It would look awesome and the dents would just be "race damage"

Yeah the 2002 is the same body as the 1600. The 2002 has a bigger engine.

I seriously considered doing this to one I found locally a few months back. I would just ditch the bumpers entirely.

I figured somebody would come out of the woodwork with this idea. Figures it would be Mr. Speedster himself :p

I`m not entirely opposed to the idea, not sure how I would feel about daily driving a fake rally car though. I would definitely have to do at least one rally if I did it, I hate being a total poser [ddd

@Sam:
That looks sweet! I had never seen that car. I was definitely envisioning something altogether more cartoon-esque and tacky.

thats got a bit of a strange rear bumper on must be `US` spec the the extra loops ,vw beetle`s were the same different bumpers for US market .
looks good i like the old bmw`s i just got myself an e30

Latest posts

Back