Anybody know what year and make and model this grill is from?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatTruck440

The guy who had this said he thought it was a 38 Studebaker but I haven't found any pictures anywhere that match it. Does anyone know what year and model this grill may be from? I gave it to my brother in law for Christmas because he wants to build a bucket rat using a flat head six out of a 46 Dodge truck. I was told it was a 38Studebaker? but all the pictures I see on the Net show the fins going cross ways instead of up and down like this one. Any info would be great. It's not critical but would be cool to know. Please email me at [email protected] if you know. Thanks, Rob

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 29
I seen that grille before. It not 38 studebaker unless it is a larger truck.

I like the grille. It I had it I would use it on my 36 Ford pickup.

It's for sure not a 38 Stude nor any other Stude that I can find. I'd peg it at about 32 or 33 as almost all US makes had started to integrate the fenders into the side of the grille after that. Not sure on truck grilles, they carried on earlier styling for a few years longer. It sure looks familiar tho' - interesting thing is that there is no crank hole as you would see on early 30's cars.
Could it be an import ??[S

Latest posts

Back