Apparently she was texting

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choppinczech

Got this in an email today.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 57
That email has been floating around for a while. I posted these pics up bout a year ago. I don't remember the real story but it wasn't texting.....

This came up awhile ago maybe on this site or maybe on the PORK. It sparked a big argument about classic car safety. It's shocking to see how the Lexus decimated the big 'ol poncho and has but a few scratches. Scary.

I know hard-tops are cool looking, but give me a 2-door post any day, for exactly this reason.

No harm. It kinda reminds everyone how much safety has improved over the years. Just because it's big and heavy doesn't mean it's safe. ...Although it'll probably plow through anything smaller than a truck. :cool:

The LeMans was hit in the most vulnerable spot. I think that had the two been reversed (the LeMans hitting the newer car), the damage would have been at least as severe, if not more severe.

The LeMans was hit in the most vulnerable spot. I think that had the two been reversed (the LeMans hitting the newer car), the damage would have been at least as severe, if not more severe.

If the poncho had been a 2-door post or 4 door, it would have done much better. The hard-top has nothing to tie the side of the car to the roof stucture. The whole side of the car is just like a fence, only attached at the bottom - easy to fold down.

This is why true hard-tops disappeared once side-impact testing started.

Wouldn't make me trade one for a volvo, but would make me think twice before putting a youngster in there.

No matter what the reason it still turns my stomach. Did the first time I saw it and still today

Latest posts

Back