block 10054727 5.7 tbi

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riffraff

looking an a 350 i think its a tbi block dude told me it had 46000 ml. on it i wont to put a carb on it i got a edelbrock c3bx manifold dont no what it cam off of i got it setting on a 283 now will it bolt up to that 350 block?

I didn't see 46000 in my casting numbers book but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The intake should work just fine as long as your 350 does not have the 96-up vortec heads. Does the block have a 1 or 2 piece rear main seal?

I think he meant 46000 miles, but i could be totally wrong. As im tired and could barely read it anyway.

A throttle body injected (tbi) is pretty much carbed anyway. I believe any small block chevy v8 intake will match up to any other small block chevy v8 .... as long as it doesnt have the bigger vortec heads like ratterman said.

46000 miles

i got a buddy that told me that the intake would not fit the center 4 bolts would have to be drilled to 76 deg.its got a 2 bolt mane head #14102193 what do you think???the valve covers bolts go in top

The earlier intake will not work with those heads. You will need to swap them to the earlier style if that is the intake you want to use, or get an intake designed to work with the newer heads...

1986-up intakes/heads have the "revised" intake mounting pattern. The four center holes are drilled at a different angle than earlier sbc intakes. All you have to do is elongate those holes a bit and it works like a champ. I've done it a few times with zero problems.
Now Vortec heads have a totally different pattern and would have to have a Vortec specific intake.

Latest posts

Back