Blower value

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offroadrolls

RRR Supportor
We sold our home and I'm currently working to clean out all the junk I've collected over the past 30 years. One of the things I need to remove is a 1969 Bulldozer. I found a guy that'll come get it for free but I had to remove its 10 foot blade. While I was doing that I noticed how easy it might be to pull the blower of the side of the Detroit Diesel. I'm curious if anyone know if it has any value? Also, does anyone know if it would be an easy task to snatch that thing. It looks cool! I can see it on a Rat Rod some day?
IMG_0912.JPEG
IMG_0913.JPEG

they do use detroit blowers but they have to have some work done to them. that is one of the ones that people look for. is it a 6 cylinder? if so it is a 6/something 4 cylinder then a 4/something. most say 71 but not all are 71's. as for value, i don't have a clue.

they do use detroit blowers but they have to have some work done to them. that is one of the ones that people look for. is it a 6 cylinder? if so it is a 6/something 4 cylinder then a 4/something. most say 71 but not all are 71's. as for value, i don't have a clue.
Thanks 26. Yep it's a 2 stroke Detroit 6 cyl. . I believed it was a 6-71. The 71 being for cubes per cylinder making it a 426. Or that is until I read your post, good to know. I found a cool article below. The green Engine in the article is exactly what I'm looking at on my Dozer.
https://www.macsmotorcitygarage.com/a-quick-history-of-the-gmc-6-71-blower/

Now days almost everyone wanting to put a Roots type blower on their car, whether street or race, is going to call one of the suppliers and order the complete set up.

Latest posts

Back