brake line?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantwell.colton

Rat Rod Philosopher
before ii head to the auto store .. do they make universal -- bend yourself - brake lines?
if so will i need to know the fittngs?

they make unions and fitting for every thing. it depends what the lines are going on. alot of cars take special fittings on the master of abs pump. i just reuse them on a new line.

glad it busted ... i was putting in the seat and wanted to make sure my wifey would be comfortable driving to so i had her in the car and told her make sure you reach the pedals ok and pssshhh.. there goes the line,.like i said glad it happened now than later on the road... did get the new wheel cylinder in though..

You might want to think about replacing all your lines. If one was that bad, the others probably aren't much better.

it realy aint important if the car runs , but it is extremely im portant if they stop . replace them all . and from experience . compesion fittings are an acident waiting to happen . a good parts store has adapters to make any thing work . if your not able to use a double flare tool on the ******* fitting ends .

ok .. theyre all replaced ... never had to buy brake lines and they were suprisingly inexpensive so wth .... they sure dont make it convienent to get to them though.

as a mechanic in ohio i do a TON of brake and fuel lines. i hate doing them most of the time. they pay very well but its just not my favorite thing to do. we charge like 6hrs to do the whole car. but old line is removed and the new ones all go in the right place not just wire tied to the bottom of the car. its always a good idea to replace them all and to do it right. nothing worst then a guy running brakes lines and insead of cutting and fitting them right he loops it all over the under side of the car.

you did the right thing all or nothing!

Latest posts

Back