Buffum

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the title on youtube; don't know why but I copied the link but it won't let me click on it go like normal

Beast Builder: The Lost History of America's First 8-Cylinder Race Car and V-8 Production Car​

nothing but cool Small,, i vaguely remember in the late 60's downunder similar stuff sigh .. simple but so much fun times......

thanks for posting !!!!!!

We used to have a local dirt track nearby an it's also where I saw my first races..nothin like seeing them dive into turns fullbore drifting sidewise...

We had a dirt track here on the edge of town until about 8 years ago. They raced the old coupes there until I was about 10 (1967ish), then they switched over to the "late models".

That vision of those old coupes coming off the 4th turn and coming down the front straight to get the green flag is forever burned into my head. That was what got me into old cars, and old cars are what got me through school. Before I turned 20, me and 3 other buddies built our first dirt track car. My buddies bailed after that 1st year, but I hung in there for another 15 or so years.

Gas tanks and batteries placed safely inside with the driver. It was all '55 Chevies by the time i saw dirt track races. Some of the bodies had been hammered back out so many times they were unrecognizable.

Latest posts

Back