Car Warriors 2012.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

First off let me say I thought Car Warriors was the second dumbest car show on TV. Dumbest is My Ride Rules.:p But I have to say that this season's changes make it almost watchable..........still not great but bearable.

They have done away with the "All Stars" [cl who were anything but, and now use two teams against each other. Seems less biased this way, plus the overinflated egos are gone. Jimmy Shine is still a pompous ass IMO, but that is just Jimmy, and at least Mad Mike and George Barris are gone.

Has anyone else watched it, and what is your opinion?

Don

Watched the Tempest build last night...DVR recorded

I agree about Jimmy ....(I hold numerous land speed records)Shine....Pompous Butt.....but show is much better...i'll watch it now....glad to see MM gone (like he really belonged there anyway) and GB? Well I was afraid he'd keel over trying to drive some of that stuff....LOL..

I know a guy that was on one of last season's episodes. During that episode, his boss and another employee got into a gnarly argument, cameras rolling of course. A while later I met his boss and the first question I asked him was, "was that argument legit?" He said the producers told him, "either you guys create some drama or we are going to for you."

I really like the new format. I thought it was a little unfair to pit a group of guys who have never spent 72 hours straight trying to build something against the "all stars" that do it every other week.
In my opinion the absolutely worst show on TV is Pimp My Ride. That is just awful. I'd rather pick my nose than watch that :p

What the heck is with this nose pickin stuff????

I really like the new format. I thought it was a little unfair to pit a group of guys who have never spent 72 hours straight trying to build something against the "all stars" that do it every other week.
In my opinion the absolutely worst show on TV is Pimp My Ride. That is just awful. I'd rather pick my nose than watch that :p

Just curious....is this in lieu of something else.....like butt scratchin or nail biting or ????[S

Watched the show a couple days ago with the new format - I'd call it different, but not necessarily better..... Yeah the ''All Stars'' were a joke, but I kinda got a kick out of 'ol George Barris.
Problem is now it's all up to Jimmy and his ego.....

Still don't like the show. Gave up on any of the build/build off shows (car or bikes) still like speed power block and junkyard wars. Other then that, My hole in the wall shop and picking my nose :D

We've been watching reruns of Pimp My Ride, and evidently they are old shows because it was when MTV was footing the bill for the remakes. The show sucks, but some nights the only other choices on TV are Hillbillie Hand Fishing, Mud Rats, and dumb stuff like that.

Every once in a blue moon they turn out a car on PMR that is almost ok and they do the owner a favor, but most often they go way off track and put stuff like a golf putting green in the back of the car and food processors that pop out of the trunk and spin around. :eek:

Also, what ever happened to the show Drag Race High ? It was still lots of drama but it was kinda neat to see how kids were building two cars to compete in a drag race. They did the show two seasons, the first one was in the South somewhere and the second one was in California. I think if anything killed the show it was the California build, not only were the kids out of control but so was their shop teacher who was not exactly teaching them the right way to behave and respect others.

TV is such a wasteland. :(

Don

I don't really watch much TV at all. Heck, for a period of about 10 - 12 years I didn't even OWN a TV. It's only been in the last 5 or 6 years that I've started watching a few shows again.

I have seen some of the Pimp My Ride stuff, and I watched that show with Jimmy Shine a few years ago? Hard Shine? I think it was. Meh, I couldn't get too enthused about them. Other than American Pickers, American Restoration, and a few paranormal shows I just can't get into reality based TV or TV in general.

However, I have been working on a write up pitch for a show based around my friends rod shop in TX. Now, if I couldn't only find someone who'd give me few minutes to pitch the ideas. I think if it ever got off the ground you guys would like it. :)

I just have antenna TV and I can't believe you people pay for that crap and then complain about it. I get all the crap I need for free.:)

Blue

TV is such a wasteland. :(

Don

[S Maybe that's why I don't watch it :D

Other than a little HGTV and the Weather Channel (just to catch the local forecast) I haven't watched a TV show since watching an episode of House about two years ago. Now this thing called the internet, well that's a different story :eek:

Right now I'm watching the Minnesota High School Hockey tournament on broadcast TV and Minnesota Gopher Hockey on the dish. If that wasn't on I'd be watching NHL hockey. Tomorrow the NHRA Gatornationals is on and NASCAR from Vegas.

There's good stuff on TV if you look for it.

I just have antenna TV and I can't believe you people pay for that crap and then complain about it. I get all the crap I need for free.:)

Blue

Down here there are no more tv signals that you can get via antenna, they did away with that some time ago and now you HAVE to subscribe to a cable or dish tv company to get any signal at all. We did away with some of the premium stuff as we never watched it and our monthly bill is still about $ 90.

Aside from some of the stuff on the Speed Channel I like the court shows, like court tv and the Judge shows, like Judy, Peoples Court, etc. I've also become a fan of Dancing with the Stars, ever since I found out there are some pretty hot women dance instructors on the show. :cool:

Don

Last edited:
Other than a little HGTV and the Weather Channel (just to catch the local forecast) I haven't watched a TV show since watching an episode of House about two years ago. Now this thing called the internet, well that's a different story :eek:

House is one of the only shows worth watching IMO and it's ending this season. But then most, if not all, of my friends would tell you that I'm a real life Dr House except for the Dr part. I've got the limp down pat and I tend to have a rather misanthropic view of humanity. I also have a bad habit of being sarcastic and sharp tongued.

There are a couple other decent shows that I record on the DVR and watch when I have nothing else going on. The Walking Dead and Sons of Anarchy.

But really, if I was paying the cable bill.. I wouldn't. I can live without it.

Latest posts

Back