CFM Ratings through Quick Connects

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmlcolorado

So Ive read an absolutely countless amount of threads on this forum and 1 thing i haven't see come up is the CFM through various quick connects.

I was a carpenter by trade and was never worried about CFM's through my various nail guns but now that im getting heavily into automotive tools, i want to see if any of you happen to know the different CFM ratings on various quick couplings.

I have 1 hose that's in the truck all the time with my portable compressor all the time and those fittings fit all the standard carpentry tools in the industry. I would like to keep those fittings in place in case i want to use that hose in the garage. I will be installing a hose real on the ceiling thats hard piped to the compressor in the garage and i want fittings that will deliver the most punch for the tools in use. I will likely make an adapter for the portable hose to fit the garage compressor.

I have been looking at all the packages for quick couplings hoping to find some sort of rating with no avail. Guess i figured that with so much concern with CFM ratings through water separators, filters, hoses, hard piping and tools, the coupler would be just as important factor.

What do you guys think?

I dont recall ever seeing a cfm rating on couplers.With any joint,valve or turn there is going to be some restrictions but they should be rated for the hose or line that there on.Unless your running long distances or have an abnormal amount of bends you may want to go with a larger line but a couple of quick connects shouldnt even be noticed.

Here's what I understand on the subject.

Couplers are measured by their effect on PSI, not CFM. The loss of PSI is primary until it becomes so large that it affects CFM. This is the engineer's way to confuse the subject, but it does make sense. So the two are relative, you still want a coupler that flows as freely as possible, especially if you want to spray paints and primers.

Check this link from Devilbiss.

http://www.autorefinishdevilbiss.com/Division/DeVilbiss/AirControlandFiltration/HoseFittings.aspx

Latest posts

Back