Dealing with people!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the chinese paying for scrap?
I've had an idea about scrapping stuff out right into shipping containers and selling direct.

crushed tin in one container
engines trannys and otehr aluminum to break down in another and cheap chinese labor does the breakdown and environmental hazzard somewhere else
Eliminate the middle man

Torch, you could do that but most of those orders are for a whole ship load. It basically goes through brokerage houses I think. I've been on those sites and it will be like they put the price they'll pay for, say 15,000 ton and you take the order (or not)

Torch part of my regular business is industrial scrap. If I leave the truck whole I will get $290 a ton. If I cut it into 5' it goes up about $60 a ton, if I cut it up into 2' it goes up another $30 on top of the $60. So that's $380 a ton for most of the chassis and $290 for the tin.

As for removing the wood. It would take me about 5 minutes with the excavator if I was scrapping the truck. But the yard that I sell to I can leave the wood and tires on it.

Not bad!

What kennyC says makes sense. It couldn't have been about the flatbed! It is so obvious on the picture!

It's a nice piece tho, I'm sure someone will adopt it and cure this beauty

Latest posts

Back