Dissy timing on 4.3 v6 and SBC???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got those wiring diagrams.. will be email tomorrow...

we have fire I repeat we have fire.[cl[cl now I just need to hook up the gas to the car and figure out how to tune a holley carb. I know edelbrock, but never touched a holley
As the cave men said..."fire is good"....

Frankly, I am not fond of Holley's..... I know I'm gonna get slammed for this one, but I've gotten better results running quadrajets than holleys.....(wait for it....wait for it) LOL....when you say "tune" what do you mean? Basic set up?.....adjust floats, performance jets, power valve????

Jawman, I'll have to scan those diagrams we talked about..at work and email from there.... will be after 3pm EST...... just an FYI..

I am not in that big of a hurry for the diagrams, but it would be much appreciated.

I hooked up the gas to the cab and ran it a little and it sounded okay, so that is good. I bought a 600CFM Holley that was supposed to be very lightly used at the swap meet the other day because the price was cheap. I didnt have anything to put it on though. then a few minutes later I was talking to a guy and he had just the motor I was looking for. Now I had a purpose for the carb LOL. the 4.3 is a 262 cubic inch motor and I think it is all stock. I might want to put a performance cam in it to give it a little meaner sound and maybe a gear drive because I like the winding noise, but I will see how my budget down the road is. I have talked to many different people and still have not figured out what the best CFM carb would be to run on a 4.3. I would think the smallest 4 barrel carb would work great, but a lot of people say no smaller then 600cfm.
I got this 600cfm carb on there now, so I will see how it works. I guess other then idle speed and air fuel mixture screws the only way to tune the holley is jetting and spring for the vacume secondary. I dont know if it will run good stock the way it is or if I need to recalibrate it

I've got a Holley 4412 2 bbl on my 4.3 seems just about right to me!! Tried Q-jet, and a 650 Edlebrock both seemed like too much carb. Did not try to adjust the metering on either, so I figure either one could be made to run OK on the 4.3 . The 4412 was good right out of the box.

I would think anything over 500cfm would be overkill

Really Holley's are ok but just take too much tweeking and prior to the power valve fixes, they were a pain to keep adjusted consistantly over long periods of driving........ not sure if Edelbrock sells a 500cfm carb.... haven't checked.... I run two edelbrock 600's on my Pontiac... of course it's big cubes and set up for them so handles it pretty well.... anyway, just went onto summit racing and apparently edelbrock does have 500cfm carbs..... to me edelbrock are the easiest to adjust and normally run well as delivered.....JMHO

BTW I forgot to mention the 4412 is a 500 cfm carb. And I feel just the opposite as Sgtpontiac, so I guess it's just what you're used to messing with.

I have heard both sides too. do the screws on a holley seem to move in and out a little or or why do they have to be adjusted constantly?

Latest posts

Back