Earthquake hits the east coast

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
earthquake

The earthquake woke me from a sound sleep. I thought at first the washer was out of balance on spin cycle! (Must have something to do with the brick-in-the-washer video posted here :rolleyes: )

Anyone sustain damage?

440shorty

I live about 50 miles south of Mineral Va. And I live in a mobile home that shook real hard, some stuff on my desk rattled and moved around. No damage here but slight damage in the town of Mineral. Some people were freakin out just because we don't have earthquakes often, been about a hundred years. No, I wasn't here for that one..;)

Is Mother Nature getting STRANGE, or what ??????!!!!! I can't remember a time in history when so many weather and natural events were happening all over the world. I'm no doomsdayer, but I think I better hurry up and finish up my projects ! :eek:

Don

I'm in Allentown pa. About 100 miles from home....nothing here, but my wife called this afternoon telling me she felt it at the hospital while getting some tests done.....they evacuated the building.....she went home!:eek:

I'm in Allentown pa. About 100 miles from home....nothing here, but my wife called this afternoon telling me she felt it at the hospital while getting some tests done.....they evacuated the building.....she went home!:eek:

I sure hope your in Allentown for the Wheels of Time show! It starts in 2 days

One of the guys at work had gone to Lowes for some materials and was standing in the contractor checkout area when he heard the big lumber racks squeaking. He turned to see them shaking and assumed someone had hit them with a forklift while stocking lumber but there was no forklift in sight......he still didn't think much about it until he heard on the radio that there had been a quake :eek: Me, I was a mile away on a roof and didn't feel a thing.......I miss all the exciting stuff :(

In the next county over part of a chimney on the Courthouse in Philippi, WV (scene of the first land battle of the Civil War) was toppled by the quake.

I was actually weedwacking the yard when it happened, didn't really feel it at first because I was looking down and moving back and forth. I happened to look up and noticed that my S-10 and fulsize truck were shaking and it took a few seconds to realize that I was too. I had a couple of neighbors outside and one yelled across the street and asked if I felt that? crazy, we don't have anything like that happen much around here.

the reason for the quake near washington was all our founding fathers rolling over in their graves...:eek:[ddd:rolleyes::D

sorry, i couldn't resist!!:eek:

glad no one was seriously injured, and yes projects need to be finished, it seems things are being "fulfilled"....."wars and rumors of wars, earthquakes in diverse places...etc"

When we lived in Southern California we had a few quakes happen.........they were all small, thankfully. Sometimes you would sleep through it and the only way you knew it happened was that the pictures on the walls would be crooked the next morning. :D

We left fearing a big one might come and turn Arizona into beachfront property. :eek:

Don

I was awake, getting ready to go to work, when the Northridge Quake happened. 40 miles away and it sounded like a train coming down the street. First thing I did was open the sliding glass doors so we would have a way out. It woke the wife and she came running downstairs. Turned on the news and discovered it happened in the valley.

Went to work and they sent us on looter patrol in the valley. 3 story apartment buildings were now 2 stories. Freeway overpasses came down. All we did for a week was patrol Encino. Saw Annette Funicello, Eddie Murphy, Jackson Estate, etc........

NEWS FLASH: (AP) Reports are now coming in that yesterday's east coast earthquake was caused by our nation's Founding Fathers rolling over in their graves.

307519_249227748445112_125552197479335_797167_1702926_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back